Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Cops shoot 2 in LA by mistake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Oh I'm not expecting perfection ... but I would think that a license plate check ... knowing what vehicle the suspect owned ... knowing the difference between a large black man and 2 small Hispanic women was ... maybe the daily routines of the neighborhoods they are operating in ... maybe NOT shooting up the back of a moving vehicle in a residential neighborhood ...

you know ... just the OBVIOUS details!

But hey, lets give them a pass ... their stressed ... and they have a tough job Maybe this guy Dorner is right ... maybe the LAPD does need some serious outside oversight and overhaul
EXACTLY!!!!

Being a cop is akin to being in the military. If our Navy seals can raid a house and kill only those who need killed, capture only those who need captured, and ignore the innocents, while bad guys are actively shooting back...then why can't cops be expected to properly ID a vehicle and the appearance of the occupants when no shots are being fired?

I agree, these 2 cops need to lose their badges and face criminal charges for their actions. Don't try to feed us BS about how stressed out the cops are because someone is hunting them down. THAT'S PART OF BEING A FREAKIN COP!!! BAD GUYS DON'T LIKE COPS AND WILL RATHER SHOOT YOU THAN GO TO JAIL! If you cannot handle that kind of stress, then go be a mall RENTACOP!
Old 02-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #22

Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts

Vehicle descriptions are often wrong, people don't always stop when ordered too, newspaper people are called in suspicious almost daily by citizens, and someone is trying to kill cops and their families. It was an unfortunate accident cops aren't perfect.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #23

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC-Hat View Post
Vehicle descriptions are often wrong, people don't always stop when ordered too, newspaper people are called in suspicious almost daily by citizens, and someone is trying to kill cops and their families. It was an unfortunate accident cops aren't perfect.
NO EXCUSE!

NONE!

Police are supposed to be above this kind of shyt!

If the police are running around wetting their pants, then they need to seek employment elsewhere!

Being hunted by the BG is a situation many county Sheriffs/Deputies put up with throughout their careers. They don't run around scared shooting up innocents!

eldar
Old 02-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #24

Liked 209 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Okay, so do we simply fire and lynch these 7 cops immediately because, after all, you guys seem to have the case decided already ?

Or do we reserve judgement ? Have we learned anything from past " open and shut " cases ?

Old 02-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #25

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
Okay, so do we simply fire and lynch these 7 cops immediately because, after all, you guys seem to have the case decided already ?

Or do we reserve judgement ? Have we learned anything from past " open and shut " cases ?
you mean like they did for the 2 women?

fuck it, lets give them a pass, obviously the Officers were in the right and the case has been decided already

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 02-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #26

Liked 2140 Times on 968 Posts
Likes Given: 2079

Quote:

I just read all the post and nobody said anything about lynching them. They did say they should lose their jobs. So let's stick with the truth. Truth is they shot up two women in the wrong kind of vehicle. Truth is, this is not an accident it was done out of fear. Those cops need to go home take off their skirts and man up. If the job frightens you that much then you are in the wrong profession. If a home owner goes to jail because he shot a real bad guy in the back why shouldn't the police face punishment when they shoot good people in the back.
Old 02-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #27

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop

Kind of ironic about reserving judgement while discussing cops opening fire on 2 women delivering newspapers while searching for a male suspect. No, I personally don't advocate their lynching but the facts that are known warrant their immediate suspension until a full investigation can be held to determine their status. Jmho

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 02-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #28

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:

We fire them!

Immediately! As an abject lesson to the rest of the rank and file!

You screw up and injure innocents because you fail to follow established procedures, out you go.

NO EXCUSES!

In the real world, where everyone else lives and works, this is how it goes.

eldar

Last edited by eldarbeast; 02-09-2013 at 04:43 PM.
People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #29

Liked 17 Times on 10 Posts

What were the cops doing on that street? Was that a street where one of the officers mentioned in the manifesto lived? Was the vehicle an exact match? No it was similar and like I said earlier descriptions aren't always accurate. Bad guy could have switched vehicles as well. Was the operator of that vehicle given orders to stop which they failed to do? Many things must be considered before you decided they need to "man up" or they need to be criminally charged. I'm sure it's hard for some to grasp all of this because of your blind hatred of anything law enforcement but I think it's funny because when we talk about gun grabbing legislation and such I haven met another cop or deputy who would take anyone's guns. Not because we are too "jittery" or "scared" but because we believe in our rights just as much as yours.

Old 02-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #30

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:

Fired? yup. they shot and killed INNOCENT CIVILIANS because they were scared.

Lynched? nope. I said face criminal charges. just as anyone who faces criminal charges, they get a trial by jury, where evidence is presented and the jury decides if they get jail time or let free.

sounds pretty damn fair to me.

I have a CCW. If I draw, open fire, and kill someone and all I can say is that I was scared because I thought the person LOOKED like a bad guy, what would happen to me?

I'd lose my CCW and face a criminal trial where evidence is presented and a jury decides my fate.

Like I said, cops are held to a higher standard. Their jobs by nature are dangerous. Bad guys everywhere would have no problem shooting cops if given the opportunity. Every day that a cop puts on the uniform and goes to work, he does so knowing that he may be shot and killed during his 8-hour shift. He must still exercise caution, put his own life at peril to be sure that he does not shoot first and ask questions later. A cop MUST ask questions first, and shoot second. That's what it means to "serve and protect"
If that's too much stress for them, if they're scared because someone said "I'm going to shoot cops now" and they are unable to pause for a moment and assess their target before drawing and shooting, then they need to resign from their position and go become a rentacop at the mall.

so yes. they need to lose their jobs. they killed unarmed, innocent civilians. Then, they need to face a jury of their peers to determine if they were criminally negligent.