Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > the Cops Say They’ve Never Seen Anything Like It

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 06:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rentacop View Post
I'm going to go way out on a limb here and say prayer had nothing to do with it . I reject mysticism . I don't believe a concept that has no rational basis .
Before anyone screams, " It's a miracle ! ", think of the times you've had the hammer smack the primer repeatedly without setting it off . Think of hard primers in PMC brand ammo failing to go off in cheap guns that produce only a light hammer blow . Then imagine that the robber may have intentionally had the safety on some of the time just to scare people .
YouTube has clips of Richard Dawkins and The Atheist Experience, both of which will be useful to anyone wondering if prayer really works .
I guess the primers softened up when he went outside and re-hardened when he went in.

And I have seen prayer work. Believe as you wish. But I don't think you should call things mumbo jumber when it's obvious you have no working knowledge of the subject.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by DrumJunkie; 09-29-2013 at 06:25 AM. Reason: addded a sentence.