You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Cops.................

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2016, 10:37 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3952 Times on 1987 Posts
Likes Given: 6555

Default Cops.................

You are going to hear alot about Cops in the next couple days...In light of the Baton Rough , and Minn shooting.... Maybe good shoots....Maybe not......But please don't rush to judgement........I always give them the benefit of the doubt.....

Last edited by rn-cindy; 07-07-2016 at 10:41 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-07-2016, 11:33 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 964 Times on 636 Posts
Likes Given: 57

I dont know how people can always go about defending ridiculous police actions. Don't talk to them and dont leave home without your gun, after all you are the only one who can take care of yourself.
People Like This 
Old 07-08-2016, 12:46 AM   #3
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3577 Times on 1972 Posts
Likes Given: 1038

Cops are people and no one is perfect. The vast majority of citizens dont have a clue what cops face every day and can not relate to them. Cops hang together because they are the only ones that understand how they live and work. They also have a very high divorce rate because even the wives dont understand the stress levels and some cant live with the fact their husband might not come home from work. It is a dirty dangerous job so dont belittle it unless you have experienced it. I am not a cop and have never been a cop but I do know some retired cops and their stories are not pretty.
People Like This 
Old 07-08-2016, 12:57 AM   #4

Liked 359 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Hundreds of thousands of police officers did nothing wrong today in enforcing the law. It's the same as when a single correctional officer does something insane like having sex with inmates, and every one of us are immediately tarred and feathered with the same brush, regardless of hwo perfectly we do our jobs. The problem with these shootings being publicized so heavily is the racial aspect - it's heavily biased to one side as I never saw a civil rights investigation or an Obama investigation into the November 2015 death of a 6 year old autistic boy at the hand s of two police officers who shot at his unarmed father in a dead end alley, with no justification for the stop, much less the shooting...and, of course the race of the officers was different than the race of the victim. Did you hear of it?
99.95 of law enforcement officers go about doing a very dirty difficult job day in and day out and do the job right. It's the bad apples that get the news paper headlines.
People Like This 
Old 07-08-2016, 01:05 AM   #5

Liked 1546 Times on 880 Posts
Likes Given: 1798

I have to concur with Mr. JTJ and Mr. Armoredman, as some tend to forget that LE officers are people, and people make mistakes, and there are always a few bad apples in the barrel at any time.

another factor to consider is that, much of the liberal media tens to focus on the few bad apples, or the mistakes, as if they were more prevalent than they are. as far as the liberal media, bad cops make good press and brings the attention they want the populace to focus on. too many times, if a LE officer does something good, it goes unreported, of if it does, it's nothing more than a minor story or a footnote.
People Like This 
Old 07-08-2016, 02:04 AM   #6
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1861 Times on 1045 Posts
Likes Given: 803

Cindy,

You're not rushing to judgement because nobody you love was executed in front of you for doing exactly what they were told to do. At this point, it's up to a jury to decide whether or not to indict. If the jury decides not to indict, then they must be okay with that.

In the military, if anyone in your unit does something wrong, you're all punished to one degree or another. We can apply the same principle to the behavior of Police Officers. To the Police who complain that they shouldn't be painted with the same brush as those amongst them who should not be in uniform, well... Life isn't fair, get used to it.

I have to agree with SRK's sentiment about not defending any action that's just ridiculous on its face. The incident in Louisiana was an example of what happens when you decide to fight with the Police, which is why fighting with the Police is a really dumb idea even if you manage to live through it. That guy didn't. However, the incident in Minnesota looks exactly like an execution to me.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then 99 times out of 100 it's a duck.
People Like This 
Old 07-08-2016, 03:25 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1983 Times on 1172 Posts
Likes Given: 1315

The Police are being shot on the streets of Dallas at this moment. They claim this is revenge for the Blacks that were shot. This began at 8:45 CDT only a few hours after President Obama called for punishing the police. Obama did not even wait for the final reports.
People Like This 
Old 07-08-2016, 03:41 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4042 Times on 2622 Posts

Dallas.... The news said ten cops shot, three dead. Things are getting ugly in this country, just wait until election time.
People Like This 
Old 07-08-2016, 03:45 AM   #9
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1861 Times on 1045 Posts
Likes Given: 803

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMidnight View Post
The Police are being shot on the streets of Dallas at this moment. They claim this is revenge for the Blacks that were shot. This began at 8:45 CDT only a few hours after President Obama called for punishing the police. Obama did not even wait for the final reports.
I can see how the people of Falcon Heights might be a little upset with their Police Department and protest, which is still NOT a justification for violence. Any shootings of Police Officers here in Texas is simply malicious criminal activity that needs to be stopped.
People Like This 
Old 07-08-2016, 03:50 AM   #10

Liked 3579 Times on 2024 Posts
Likes Given: 2451

Yeah, that's what the janitors with glocks always gave me, the benefit of the doubt...
People Like This 
Closed Thread