Cops 1,Jerks 0

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Cops 1,Jerks 0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 12:16 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Cops 1,Jerks 0

I woke up last night with bad heartburn and while I was sitting on the edge of the bed I hear noise in the parking lot next door.
Noise is nothing new here and I even recognized the voices as the trash punks accross the street,but what made me think was that they were trying to be quiet(not the norm for them @ 1:30 am)
I got up to get a better look and guess what.....they had broken into a van parked on the street.
I call the local PD and give the details and while I'm on the phone they keep going back for more (the van belongs to a market chain)and I'm giving a play by play while Cops are enroute.
PD shows up and the punks are on their front porch and based on the description are busted!
My call wasn't the only one and with multiple witnesses my neighborhood should be a little quieter Saturday

Tact;The ability to tell a man to go to he11 and make him feel happy to be on his way.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-30-2009, 06:45 PM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

+1 for the phone call.

I live just miles from East St. Louis and as you may well know it is quite uncommon for people who have information about, or even witness crimes, to call the cops. But yet when something happens to them, they cry foul that the police cant help!

There was some 20/20 or 60 Minutes segment on this...I think they called it "Don't Snitch"....Must be the "culturally correct" thing to do. It is "cool" not to help the cops....

Old 05-30-2009, 08:19 PM   #3

Good for you! This is the kind of community involvement that makes law-enforcement work. Keep it up and advise your neighbors to do the same!

"As our enemies have found we can reason like men, so now let us show them we can fight like men also"
Thomas Jefferson

"Freedom is only one generation from extinction"
Pres. Ronald Reagan
Member; NRA, GOA, and TSRA. ResistNet.com member

"When the ballot box no longer counts, the ammunition box does. Whats' in your ammo box?"

Old 05-30-2009, 10:22 PM   #4

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Sounds like my weekend...

Only I was the jerk (I wasn't stealing, I was drunk and in the wrong apartment.)

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory