Copperhead Road - Page 8
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Copperhead Road

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 04:24 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Pffft! The main reason i like that song is Sullivan's Holler, where the more unusual part of my heritage lived and still lives. At age nine, we went to pick up some watermelons from some of the relatives on that side of the family, in the holler. These were some interesting people; some of these guys in the holler had only initials rather than actual names (after seven or eight kids they run out of names). We pulled up to what looked like a funeral tent with a pile of watermelons beside it and four OLD dudes sitting around a folding table playing cards and drinking water with ice and a little slice of watermelon in the glass. I was dying of thirst by the time we got there in the August heat without a/c. I walked right up and asked if i could have a glass of ice water too. I chugged it, and IMMEDIATELY realized that this was not water i had just gulped down. The look on my face was enough for them the more sober individuals at the table to realize i needed a chaser of untainted watermelon while a hollered for youngun brought me a sweet tea.

Stout, damn stout.

Many of the former moonshiners in that area have a new crop nowadays.

Old 12-03-2011, 04:27 PM   #72

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Pffft! The main reason i like that song is Sullivan's Holler, where the more unusual part of my heritage lived and still lives. At age nine, we went to pick up some watermelons from some of the relatives on that side of the family, in the holler. These were some interesting people; some of these guys in the holler had only initials rather than actual names (after seven or eight kids they run out of names). We pulled up to what looked like a funeral tent with a pile of watermelons beside it and four OLD dudes sitting around a folding table playing cards and drinking water with ice and a little slice of watermelon in the glass. I was dying of thirst by the time we got there in the August heat without a/c. I walked right up and asked if i could have a glass of ice water too. I chugged it, and IMMEDIATELY realized that this was not water i had just gulped down. The look on my face was enough for them the more sober individuals at the table to realize i needed a chaser of untainted watermelon while a hollered for youngun brought me a sweet tea.

Stout, damn stout.

Thats hilarious gello

Old 12-03-2011, 04:29 PM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Thats hilarious gello
It made for a FINE afternoon, seemed like the heat was gettin to me a bit. LOL

Old 12-05-2011, 02:47 AM   #74
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9082 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

Stout, damn stout.

Wow! That is funny! I must say that the shine I have could be mistaken for water and unless it is warm you wouldn't notice any smell.