Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Copperhead Road

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 03:36 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Shi what you need to do is catch a bunch of cow snakes. Turn them loose around your house and your copperhead problem is GONE! The cow snakes are better for rat & mouse control and will eagerly gobble up the poisonous snakes.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 06-18-2011, 04:54 AM   #12

Liked 685 Times on 421 Posts
Likes Given: 1671

Just remember, folks - it is statistically very rare for a healthy adult to die from a copperhead bite. Hurts like a b!tch, though... (spoken from experience - I got nailed by a little copperhead about halfway up my shin at the end of a backpacking trip once. Took an hour to get to the nearest hospital, another half-hour to see the Saturday night ER doc, who proceeded to start in with the snakebite jokes.
Two weeks of antibiotics and a tetanus booster later, I was fine. And I didn't kill the snake, it was just biting in self defense.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:36 AM   #13
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6762 Times on 4086 Posts
Likes Given: 8094

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
Just remember, folks - it is statistically very rare for a healthy adult to die from a copperhead bite. Hurts like a b!tch, though... (spoken from experience - I got nailed by a little copperhead about halfway up my shin at the end of a backpacking trip once. Took an hour to get to the nearest hospital, another half-hour to see the Saturday night ER doc, who proceeded to start in with the snakebite jokes.
Two weeks of antibiotics and a tetanus booster later, I was fine. And I didn't kill the snake, it was just biting in self defense.
I'm not much for animals dying at my hand, but I think I would have shot the snake that bit me......in self defense.

Old 06-18-2011, 05:52 AM   #14

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts

That is one beautiful specimen. Turn it loose somewhere else or eat it.

DON'T BUY DELL!!!!!

BEWARE!!! The toes you step on today may be connected to the ass you kiss tomorrow.

PM Tango about his upcoming SHARTFOO courses.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #15

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

The only good snake is a god damn dead one.

I say KILL IT WITH FIRE.

Old 06-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #16

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I would just let it go, I don't understand all of these people saying you should kill it because it is venomous. Just because it CAN kill you doesn't mean it should die. If that were the case we should kill all dogs over 30 pounds, and every deer we see, along with cattle and swine.... etc.

Better question... How did you capture it?

Check out my blog:http://ithinkforme.blogspot.com/

Old 06-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #17

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
I would just let it go, I don't understand all of these people saying you should kill it because it is venomous. Just because it CAN kill you doesn't mean it should die. If that were the case we should kill all dogs over 30 pounds, and every deer we see, along with cattle and swine.... etc.

Better question... How did you capture it?
Dogs can be trained to fetch me a beer or the paper or bite the neighbor letting his dog crap on my lawn.

A snake is a no good slimy disgusting cold blooded reptile that is out to kill anything and everything it comes across.

Snakes are of no use to me. For rodent control I prefer a furry little beast named My Cat. In 2 hours one night he whacked 9 mice from under my deck. Thats good for a fat house cat. I didn't need to slimy snake either.

Old 06-18-2011, 01:58 PM   #18

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

By Dewayne Walker
NBCPhiladelphia.com
updated 6/17/2011 7:05:58 PM ET

A New Jersey man received an unpleasant surprise after trying to save a snake.

On Thursday, around 6:30 p.m., the 24-year-old man was driving on Route 679 near West Stage Road in Tuckerton, when he spotted a rattlesnake crossing the road. Officials say that the man got out of his car to prevent the snake from being hit by oncoming vehicles.
The man then tried to pin the rattlesnake down with a stick — and the snake bit his hand.
The man quickly drove himself to Bass River State Park, where emergency personnel called paramedics. He was then airlifted to Atlanticare Medical Center Mainland for treatment.
Officials don’t believe that the man’s injuries are life-threatening, though a snakebite can cause severe illness. Officials also say that the area is known for having rattlesnakes.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:43 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
Shi what you need to do is catch a bunch of cow snakes. Turn them loose around your house and your copperhead problem is GONE! The cow snakes are better for rat & mouse control and will eagerly gobble up the poisonous snakes.
I've never heard of a cow snake...Is this a local term for a bull snake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory2 View Post
I would just let it go, I don't understand all of these people saying you should kill it because it is venomous. Just because it CAN kill you doesn't mean it should die.
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30
The only good snake is a god damn dead one.

I say KILL IT WITH FIRE.
I'm starting to wonder about you tango. *hanging and shaking my head
with all due respect...it makes me want to "slap ya upside yer head" ....in the most loving way possible of course.

Prescribed Fire is Mother Nature's plastic surgeon.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:02 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Use a broom and push it into a trash can or a large bucket and put a top on. You can move it far enough away that it can work on the rodent population in peace.

I would not let is stay around if there are children around. Pets are usually smart enough to get away from it.