Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > That cop SHOULDN'T shoot the dog :(

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1085 Times on 748 Posts
Likes Given: 1108

It escalated to way more than it should have !................PERIOD.

When all else fails.

Old 07-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #102
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1384 Times on 939 Posts
Likes Given: 480

Police departments are becoming more militarized all the time. The officer is trained to be total control of the situation. Shooting a dog is just removing a variable to the officer. Especially when there are no consequences for the officer when he shoots your dog.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 07-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #103
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
and another area we disagree. i think animals were domesticated to SERVE, not HURT humans. they are not smart enough to know the difference between a bad guy and a good guy. they do one of two things: 1) what their instinct tells them to do 2) what they are commanded to do by humans

and they shouldn't be commanded by humans to hurt other humans.

again, its "man's best friend," not "man's best weapon."
Not to stir this pot too much, but this is the crux of our disagreement: What "should be" and "shouldn't be" are not "what is". Some people use dogs for purposes others might not approve of (Michael Vick); the fact that we don't all approve of those uses does not negate their existence.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-09-2013, 02:13 AM   #104

Liked 4570 Times on 2210 Posts
Likes Given: 1379

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Police departments are becoming more militarized all the time. The officer is trained to be total control of the situation. Shooting a dog is just removing a variable to the officer. Especially when there are no consequences for the officer when he shoots your dog.
Until he shoots my dog.
People Like This 
Old 07-09-2013, 01:52 PM   #105

Liked 334 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 260

It is a shame the dog had to be shot, but the fault here is on the owner.
I did a little digging into the situation and found that the dogs owner has been in trouble with the city and has a case pending against him. Perhaps he was egging the police on? The video does not show what was happening in the moments prior to the filming, but from the sound of things he was causing a disruption in the area.

At the time the police were dealing with an armed robbery suspect and needed to have a secure perimeter for the safety of everyone involved. What we don't know is how many warnings (if any) this guy got before he decided to exit his vehicle.

You can sit here and blame the police all you want but the facts that I can gather tell me that this all caused by the poor decision of one person. Why would a person put themselves so close to a situation and then bring your dog into it is beyond my comprehension.
As John Wayne said "life is tough, it's tougher when you're stupid".

''I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."
J.B. Books

SB777 Likes This 
Old 07-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #106

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qv-D7hyWKs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Just watched this video and it broke my heart.
The owner didn't do anything wrong and acted NO resistance at all.
Suddenly his dog tried to protect the owner but unfortunately that stupid cop shot it .
RIP to that dog, it did it's job.
**sarcastic voice**...yeah the cop SHOULDN'T have shot the dog. The cop should have let the dog attack all the cops. And the cops should just stand there patiently while the dog bites them...**ends sarcastic voice**

OP, seriously?
I not saying the arrest was warranted. And I LOVE animals, but come on.
I think everyone pretty much agrees its the owners fault.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #107
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 204 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickTheNickhead View Post

**sarcastic voice**...yeah the cop SHOULDN'T have shot the dog. The cop should have let the dog attack all the cops. And the cops should just stand there patiently while the dog bites them...**ends sarcastic voice**

OP, seriously?
Too many pros n cons about dogs. Not saying you are right and i'm not right neither.

But me, i love dogs and as i said that cop shouldn't.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:38 PM   #108

The part of ^^THIS^^ that bothers me is:

Why did the cops feel the need to cuff this guy?

The officers were calmly strolling down the sidewalk. They were not seeking cover? They were not frantically waiving civilians out of harms way?

They were obviously not to concerned with their safety or the publics safety by there own demeanor.

This observation tells me that their claim of containing a "dangerous" situation is pure BS. Nothing more than yet another example of power drunk dick heads "instigating" a situation with a citizen. Why? Because the guy was filming them? Goading them?

Who gives a damn. We pay these guys to be professional peace officers. We train them to maintain there composure and not react to guys like this unless there is an actual danger.

These two simply did not like there authority being questioned and responded with force in a situation that did not warrant it.

I'm all for Officers defending themselves but most of them use detention and investigations as an excuse to demean citizens. It's what these two Blue Light Gang Members were doing and the video is going to guarantee a large settlement from the taxpays... who in turn must demand the removal of thugs like this from the force.

Tack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DickTheNickhead View Post

OP, seriously?

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 07-09-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-09-2013, 07:11 PM   #109
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7824 Times on 4515 Posts
Likes Given: 10072

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
The part of ^^THIS^^ that bothers me is:

Why did the cops feel the need to cuff this guy?

The officers were calmly strolling down the sidewalk. They were not seeking cover? They were not frantically waiving civilians out of harms way?

They were obviously not to concerned with their safety or the publics safety by there own demeanor.

This observation tells me that their claim of containing a "dangerous" situation is pure BS. Nothing more than yet another example of power drunk dick heads "instigating" a situation with a citizen. Why? Because the guy was filming them? Goading them?

Who gives a damn. We pay these guys to be professional peace officers. We train them to maintain there composure and not react to guys like this unless there is an actual danger.

These two simply did not like there authority being questioned and responded with force in a situation that did not warrant it.

I'm all for Officers defending themselves but most of them use detention and investigations as an excuse to demean citizens. It's what these two Blue Light Gang Members were doing and the video is going to guarantee a large settlement from the taxpays... who in turn must demand the removal of thugs like this from the force.

Tack
Bingo! The cops were doing just fine standing down the street and keeping an eye on the incident. The created the incident with the dog guy where nothing needed to be done. That was where they went wrong. The guy was respecting their loosely set up perimeter and filming them. Had the cops done nothing to him they would have been fine. It was when they approached him (as Tack pointed out, in a calm and cool manner) that they stepped out of bounds. From there it escalated on their actions.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #110

I would also like to point out... because many of our members still don't get it... that questioning police actions, asserting your rights, and demanding police accountability is in NO WAY ANTI COP.

In the same way that political dissent IS the greatest form of patriotism, demanding that BAD COPS be held accountable for their crimes is the most ardent and effective way to support GOOD COPS who are still in the majority BUT who can suffer from negative peer pressure to the same degree as any other group... Probably more due to the dangers of the job.

Tack

People Like This