Was this cop justified?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Was this cop justified?

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2010, 12:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Was this cop justified?

She put her hands on him, they were resisting, they were fighting the police.

In the end, they will probably sue and win lots of money. Then they can go on disrespecting anyone in a position of authority and being good upstanding citizens.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2010, 12:32 AM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

NO!! He should have tazed her...she's have stayed down longer!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:42 AM   #3
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 468 Times on 257 Posts

Was that Policeman amateur? He should have had her face down on the concrete cuffing her a lot faster than that.

Let's hear from our LEOs?

Old 06-17-2010, 12:42 AM   #4

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Being in the NW, we've heard a lot about this event. I don't think a jury would award her money.

If you come against a cop, grabbing him/her, hitting him/her, attacking in any physical way, you should expect to get hit back, Tased, pepper sprayed. And you better expect it to be at least a little bit imbalanced, right?

A cop should be able to respond disproportionately, as he did in this case.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 06-17-2010, 12:50 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9170 Times on 3959 Posts
Likes Given: 1436

You are permitted to use sufficent force to OVERCOME resistance. Not to equal it, but overcome it. Me- I'da gone for the baton, and relocated a kneecap.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:55 AM   #6

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Man! I was hoping this would slide by and not be an issue here because NO ONE has all the facts in the media.

This has been ALL OVER the local news, radio, TV, newspapers for a couple of days now.

Here are the facts you probably DON'T know:

The two girls are 17 and 18 respectively.

They BOTH have prior convictions ( multiple on the case of the first girl including felony theft ) and BOTH of them had sentences that involved putting hands on a police officer DISMISSED by a local magistrate within the last year. Thank you Seattle

The school district specifically petitioned the City of Seattle to do "Something" about all the jay-walking students. Traffic accidents have happened, traffic has been snarled and generally the stupid kids just walk right out into traffic without thinking. A student was hit last year and damn near died by, you guess it, JAYWALKING!

The officer in question was SPECIFICALLY THERE to address jaywalking. He wasn't responding to other calls. He wasn't avoiding running radar, handling domestics or anything of the sort. His duty location was that intersection and his job for the 4 days the WEEK PREVIOUS was to stop people from jaywalking.

The officer in question attempted to inform the girl she was breaking the law and give her a warning. ( Granted, this is from the Seattle PD ).

She then became verbally combative. The officer then said he was going to give her a citiation. It's a small fine, I think $45. At this point the "friend" ( girl who got a touch to the grill ) became threatening and verbally combative.

The officer then called her over and demanded her information. She was not only verbally combative, then she became physically combative and put her hands on the officer. The other girl ( stupid ) was egging her on and threatening the officer.

The officer then attempted to put her under arrest. Now the "friend" who was previously only a verbal hassle decided it was time to put hands on the office as well.

Then she got an attitude adjustment.

According to the local police academy PR person, there are three levels of physical interaction that are taught to police officers here in Washington State.

1. - Hair Control. Pretty obvious, you grab the person by the hair and jerk them around to comply.
2. - Air Control. Basically the use of Mace or the Tazer.
3. - Use of a Punch. This is where he MIGHT be in trouble because they are supposed to punch "soft targets like the chest or stomach FIRST".

Obviously this officer had to react and when he turned, her hair was nowhere to be had and taking time to draw his Mace/Tazer would have taken longer, and subjected him to additional threat.

What is DEFINITELY NOT being talked about anywhere is there was a cop a few months ago who responsed to a seemingly "harmless" call. Naked man, in the street, flipping off cars and cursing.

Same neighborhood area that this instance happened.

The responding officer ended up in a wrestling match with the naked man who stripped the officer of his weapon, shot and killed the officer, point blank, in the street.

People ALLEGEDLY were screaming "F*ck the Police" when the fight was happening.

That's the "area" this "crime" took place in.

Now we have every "African-American Leader" within 50 miles of the City mouthing off and talking about how they want the officer fired AND brought up on assault charges.

Currently the officer is on administrative leave, there is NO police presence at the school intersection and the girls are being portrayed as "victims" of an over-zealous, wait for it, WHITE cop....

Old 06-17-2010, 01:00 AM   #7

Liked 320 Times on 191 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Watching that didnt make me feel concerned for the person punched,it made me concerned for the cop.That was obviously a hostile crowd,and while he was busy with his suspect,that scene looked like it could have devolved into a handgun retention situation real quick.

He should have used something more decisive after having to throw the first punch-his non lethals or even his impact weapon.

He should have had control faster.

"You assist an evil system most effectively by obeying its orders and decrees. An evil system never deserves such allegiance. Allegiance to it means partaking of the evil. A good person will resist an evil system with his or her whole soul."
-Mahatma Gandhi

http://jpfo.org/
III%

Last edited by KalashnikovJosh; 06-17-2010 at 01:04 AM.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:23 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Geez JD, after reading all of that I feel sorry for cops in Seattle,very sorry,and angry . That puts things into perspective.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:39 AM   #9

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I would have hit her then create distance then tazed her till she pissed herself.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:43 AM   #10

Liked 3735 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Lets take a look at the video tape folks!

We have,
1. Jaywalking in front of a LEO - check
2. Rude obnoxious behavior - check
3. Disobeying orders from a LEO - check
4. Putting hands on an LEO - check

Now what I can't figure out is why the officer didn't,
1. Pepper spray the bitches
2. Crack the 2 of them in the head with his baton
3. Shoot the 1st bitch, then pistol whip the other. Then shoot her too!
4. Get in his patrol car and run down every f****r in the intersection!

Thanks for the background info on this one JD. Unfortunately too many people are not going to put it into context or ignore it out right. Being in and around a major city like NYC I've seen this behavior as typical ... regardless of race or ethnicity.

Now maybe the cop didn't have all the skills he needed to handle situation, maybe he antagonized it a bit himself. I cannot say that I am the greatest fan of LEO's either, even with family and friends who are. But what is absolutely clear is that these "victims" disobeyed the LEO and then assaulted him. Unfortunately all we will see are the edited video clips from the web and the news, which clearly will not be unbiased reporting.

Their is no reasonable argument anyone could give me that would convince me to put on a badge and serve the public. I say f**k them, they are on their own!

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Closed Thread