Coolest, Grossest, Scariesty, and Skeeziest hotel/motel/campground you ever stayed at - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Coolest, Grossest, Scariesty, and Skeeziest hotel/motel/campground you ever stayed at

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 04:25 AM   #41
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

years ago i worked out of town alot and had to front my motel costs upfront and wait about a month before getting reimbursed sometimes. so sometimes, i had to stay in some real fleabag motels. some placeswe worked, there just wasn't alot of quality choices unless you drove quite a ways from the worksites, so you just had to deal with it.

usually i only stay in motels now with the wife when we are out of town on vacation. our needs are few. clean sheets and pillows, a clean room and bathroom and heat in the winter and A/C in the summer! don't need fancy, just clean and comfortable.

Old 02-20-2013, 04:28 AM   #42

Liked 2454 Times on 1592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

usually i only stay in motels now with the wife when we are out of town on vacation. our needs are few. clean sheets and pillows, a clean room and bathroom and heat in the winter and A/C in the summer! don't need fancy, just clean and comfortable.
Amen to that! it is too much to ask for sometimes.

Feral cat waterboarder

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-20-2013, 04:30 AM   #43
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8261 Times on 4773 Posts
Likes Given: 10675

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
years ago i worked out of town alot and had to front my motel costs upfront and wait about a month before getting reimbursed sometimes. so sometimes, i had to stay in some real fleabag motels. some placeswe worked, there just wasn't alot of quality choices unless you drove quite a ways from the worksites, so you just had to deal with it.

We bought an RV several years ago and have not stayed in a hotel since then. Or flown for that matter. No bedbugs, cook our own meals, its home away from home!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-20-2013, 04:59 AM   #44

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Buffalo Bill Cody Built the Irma Hotel in Cody, Wy. in 1905. It is still there just a few blocks from the Winchester Museum. The orginal furniture in the rooms cowboy bar and big western dining room. Prices are great and real western grub.

irma.jpg  
Old 02-20-2013, 05:10 AM   #45
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I stayed at a hotel in new jersey and while it was ok, they had 12ft tall fences around the place and guards which makes you feel a little eerie about the location.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
I stayed at a hotel in new jersey and while it was ok, they had 12ft tall fences around the place and guards which makes you feel a little eerie about the location.
Did the guests have to do a turn on guard duty?

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 02-20-2013, 05:14 AM   #47
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

No but there was always someone at the gate to see who came in

Old 02-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #48

Liked 2454 Times on 1592 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Maybe the illuminati was staying there. -gets out tinfoil hat-

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 02-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Maybe the illuminati was staying there. -gets out tinfoil hat-
They don't stay in Jersey.

Don't ask me how I know.....

Quote:

Old 02-20-2013, 11:48 AM   #50

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

A buddy and I were going camping at a state park one summer weekend, got a late start on Friday evening and got there to late to get a campsite. We found a room at a little no-name motel in Danville, Indiana. There was only one bed, so one of us was going to sleep on the floor. We flipped a coin, loser got the bed!!! However, we did go to the local Pizza King and had one of the best pizzas I've had in my life.