Coolest, Grossest, Scariesty, and Skeeziest hotel/motel/campground you ever stayed at - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Coolest, Grossest, Scariesty, and Skeeziest hotel/motel/campground you ever stayed at

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #21
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
THIS ****hole. Read the reviews. The good reviews I believe are from the owners. The very first one says they got extra towels right away for the pool. They don't have a pool.

http://local.yahoo.com/info-18269443-country-inn-motel-vivian

The hotel I've been most impressed with has even worse reviews, by I stayed there over 15 years ago.
Read the reviews. 'Gello might be interested since they have hookers on site.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:22 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4528 Times on 2504 Posts
Likes Given: 22852

Dare to drop in.?Guaranteed Vacancies , Really..!

Caution : Don't feed the humans ..!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:26 AM   #23

Liked 1153 Times on 749 Posts
Likes Given: 2043

I stayed at a place in Memphis that was not in a good location , the chain was broken off the door, people were outside yelling and I heard several gun shots in the 6 hrs I was there . but I was tired and needed a place to rest and when I say rest I mean it, I could not sleep .

Old 02-20-2013, 01:36 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2979 Times on 1940 Posts

Erie, pa. Paid the $60 or whatever, which I should have known better. Got into the room, which smelled like a locker room, and wifey goes the bathroom. She came out, saying they forgot to clean it. The kid crawls in bed, I pull back the covers and see blood spots. And curly hairs.

So I send wifey and Jr to the car, and head to the office to get my money back. Almost ran into a hookers and john coming from another room.Got my $ back, with a bit of arguing, then the managers buddy, covered into tats and piercings, started flaring his nostrils, staring at me. He followed me out, complaining, and I thought he was gonna jump me.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:45 AM   #25

Liked 1153 Times on 749 Posts
Likes Given: 2043

another one I went to 3 yrs ago in Kentucky was for sure on the wrong side of the interstate. A friend and I paid for the room walked to it and it was still a train wreck from the previous people that stayed so we went back they gave us another room . Opened up the room with the room key and people were in there , they turned around and said " WHATS UP " while taking a big hit off a bong . Went back and got our money back and went to the other side of the Interstate and found a decent place

Old 02-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #26

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Was motorcycling through the Catskill and Adirondack mountains. Camped at a state grounds overnight apparently close enough to NYC that this is what I found...

The campsite had "trustees" (regional volunteers) who somehow were literaly given the keys to run the place. The entire campground was filled with Puerto-Ricans from the Bronx (no aspersions, just facts) who were using generators and brought, now get this, TV's, refrigerators, boom-boxes and furniture and sat around drinking and other assorted activities throughout the night for days and weeks each in their "vacation homes." It was the sickest g-damn thing I ever saw.

Completely at random I happened to camp there again a few years back (in the area to shoot 32 lbr. cannon over the Hudson River), not having remembered the exact site of almost 20 years ago now, and had to convince myself it was even the same place. Took quite some conversing to determine, yeah, they recalled hearing something about that kind of stuff but some new parks dept. broom had come in many years before and swept the whole place clean overnight though they still had an active state police hut on the property. It was beautiful, back to nature and normal; the inmates were no longer in charge of the asylum.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 02-20-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:56 AM   #27

Liked 2178 Times on 1194 Posts
Likes Given: 1402

I guess the coolest place I have ever been was the Gaylord Palms Resort in Memphis TN. It is in a giant glass dome. It is so big that there is a river running through it. There is a river boat running up and down the river in the hotel. I am talking about a two story river boat. There were pictures of the rare fish that lived in the man made river. It claimed there was a 60 lb catfish in there. I believe it. I didnt see it. But I saw plenty of giant carp that had to be at leat 20lb each. I also stayed at the one in Florida near Disney. They had the same type of dome. That one had an everglades theme. There were live alligators in that one. They let my son hold a baby about 3 feet long. Its mouth was taped shut. It is amazing the things I get to do for work!
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:01 AM   #28

Liked 1320 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 575

Stockyards Hotel in Ft. Worth is a neat place to stay on Saturday night.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:02 AM   #29

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
I guess the coolest place I have ever been was the Gaylord Palms Resort in Memphis TN. It is in a giant glass dome. It is so big that there is a river running through it. There is a river boat running up and down the river in the hotel. I am talking about a two story river boat. There were pictures of the rare fish that lived in the man made river. It claimed there was a 60 lb catfish in there. I believe it. I didnt see it. But I saw plenty of giant carp that had to be at leat 20lb each. I also stayed at the one in Florida near Disney. They had the same type of dome. That one had an everglades theme. There were live alligators in that one. They let my son hold a baby about 3 feet long. Its mouth was taped shut. It is amazing the things I get to do for work!
I forgot about that place. I've been there. Stayed there 4 days. Spectacular place with a good honey tonk across the road.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-20-2013, 02:06 AM   #30

Liked 9212 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I was asked about the hotel I stayed at in Memphis. Here it is...

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/US/TN/Memphis-hotels/BEST-WESTERN-Executive-Inn/Hotel-Overview.do?propertyCode=43146&cm_mmc=PTI-_-local-_-feed-_-43146

I'll also mention, at the time, my sister was on crutches. We'd booked over the phone on our way there. When we checked in, the manager changed our room from a second floor room, to a first floor room as close to the exterior door as he could, without us asking. That kind of courtesy goes a real long damn way in my book.

But that damn maid..