Coolest, Grossest, Scariesty, and Skeeziest hotel/motel/campground you ever stayed at
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Coolest, Grossest, Scariesty, and Skeeziest hotel/motel/campground you ever stayed at

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default Coolest, Grossest, Scariesty, and Skeeziest hotel/motel/campground you ever stayed at

Name them, the Fanciest, Coolest, Grossest, Scariesty, and Skeeziest hotel/motel/campground you ever stayed at.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I always liked the spooky old or skeezy hotels/motels/campgrounds. I have stayed at the "Bill Will Inn" in Clinton, MS, pretty bad all around but not unsafe. In college, my roomates and our girlfriends spent many, many fuzzy weekends in old beachfront motels on the MS gulf coast and downtown OLD hotels in New Orleans. I can remember bitching about paying $40 for a room.

My preference is campgrounds; i have spent the night in my vehicle in a campground many times when on a long distance drive, usually with a pistol at hand.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:48 PM   #3

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Name them, the Fanciest, Coolest, Grossest, Scariesty, and Skeeziest hotel/motel/campground you ever stayed at.
The fanciest/coolest by far the fairmont hotel in lake Louise Canada right next to that the hill country Hyatt resort in San Antonio the skeeziest most nasty one ive been in was a road side inn in some town outside of Houston we got stranded there cause the road outta town was flooded worst nights sleep I ever had

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 02-19-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

I once stayed at a hotel in Corpus Christi. I DID NOT enjoy staying there. The hotel itself was nice, but there were at least 2 crack houses within a mile of it, it was surrounded by the friggin hood, and shady looking people would just stand around outside of it. I did enjoy seeing the USS Lexington though.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 02-19-2013 at 08:17 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #5

Liked 136 Times on 118 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
I once stayed at a hotel in Corpus Christi. I DID NOT enjoy staying there. The hotel itself was nice, but there were at least 2 crack houses within a mile of it, it was surrounded by the firggin hood, and shady looking people would just stand around outside of it. I did enjoy seeing the USS Lexington though.
Lol that's Corpus Christi I live here and let me tell you after visiting many other city's by far the most getto city I've ever seen and I'm born and raised here I love the island and the surrounding areas for surf and hunting so that's what keeps me here our local government is also working to spruce up the bay front

"You can all go to Hell and I will go to Texas"

Old 02-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #6

Liked 2006 Times on 1106 Posts
Likes Given: 1342

I manage a hotel. Mine is a "Gold Award Hotel" with Choice Hotels. I am in the top 10% of all Quality Inns in the country. But I am required to go to conventions twice a year. I wish the rest of the hotels were like mine. I have seen many scary hotels in my 20 years in the business.

Nice hotels? I stayed at a little place called the Del Mar Motel. If I remember right it was like $80 in December. The rooms were clean but basic. No major frills. But...when I walked out of the door to my room it took 20 seconds to walk to the beach! That was all the frills my family needed. Anyone going to southern California should check it out. It is just North of San Diego. The town is called Del Mar.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 02-19-2013, 08:39 PM   #7

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

There's a place in tonopah nevada called the clown motel. Completely decorated with clown related items inside and out. Right below is an old cemetary. Looks like something out of the worst snuff film ever seen haha

Old 02-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default lexington

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I once stayed at a hotel in Corpus Christi. I DID NOT enjoy staying there. The hotel itself was nice, but there were at least 2 crack houses within a mile of it, it was surrounded by the friggin hood, and shady looking people would just stand around outside of it. I did enjoy seeing the USS Lexington though.
i got to stay on the LEX for free for 2 years ! my room was booked by the U. S. NAVY!!! 1968 -69 .
Old 02-19-2013, 08:52 PM   #9
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead396 View Post
Lol that's Corpus Christi I live here and let me tell you after visiting many other city's by far the most getto city I've ever seen and I'm born and raised here I love the island and the surrounding areas for surf and hunting so that's what keeps me here our local government is also working to spruce up the bay front
If they could clean up the ghetto, Corpus Christi would be a beautiful place to live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richone View Post
i got to stay on the LEX for free for 2 years ! my room was booked by the U. S. NAVY!!! 1968 -69 .
Thank you for your service. She's a beautiful ship.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I once stayed at a hotel in Corpus Christi. I DID NOT enjoy staying there. The hotel itself was nice, but there were at least 2 crack houses within a mile of it, it was surrounded by the friggin hood, and shady looking people would just stand around outside of it.
Sounds like a couple of the places i lived at in Memphis; there crackhouses and corner dealers are billed in the real estate rental rags as "convenient shopping" or "neighborhood markets".

texaswoodworker Likes This