Converting an antigun Brit - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Converting an antigun Brit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 12:28 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1614 Times on 1105 Posts
Likes Given: 567

When I was training horses I would get several letters from trainers coming in from outside the US to go shooting. I am pretty sure they have guns in their homeland. They just don't get to shoot them. No one in their right mind stables a million dollar horse without an armed guard. There is always some idiot wanting to fix a race by making your horse sick.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

People Like This 
Old 01-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8883 Times on 3846 Posts
Likes Given: 1391

To the gentleman on Facebook in the UK-

A polite reminder- at Dunkirk in WW2, Britain was able to rescue a large number of their soldiers. But not their weapons. The US sent large shipments of military weapons to the UK.

We also sent large shipments of privately owned rifles, handguns and shotguns. These were DONATED by Americans, and used to arm the members of the Home Guard. Since they had little or nothing in the way of arms.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 01-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #13

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

He said the president is limiting who can own automatic weapons. Please explain how the AR15 is not full auto.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #14

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Americans citizens can not buy or own automatic weapons without a Federal Transfer stamp. This is done thru the BATF and state and local government approvals.
Semiautomatics require the trigger to be pulled for each shot. This type of firearm has been used for 100 years by American gun owners. There is no evidence that these self loading firearms cause crime or the two world wars .

Old 01-23-2013, 12:50 PM   #15

Liked 293 Times on 221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker
Americans citizens can not buy or own automatic weapons without a Federal Transfer stamp. This is done thru the BATF and state and local government approvals.
Semiautomatics require the trigger to be pulled for each shot. This type of firearm has been used for 100 years by American gun owners. There is no evidence that these self loading firearms cause crime or the two world wars .
This will work. The TTW throw this in there.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
To the gentleman on Facebook in the UK-

A polite reminder- at Dunkirk in WW2, Britain was able to rescue a large number of their soldiers. But not their weapons. The US sent large shipments of military weapons to the UK.

We also sent large shipments of privately owned rifles, handguns and shotguns. These were DONATED by Americans, and used to arm the members of the Home Guard. Since they had little or nothing in the way of arms.
I'll be sure to add that info in my next email to him. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbwar15 View Post
He said the president is limiting who can own automatic weapons. Please explain how the AR15 is not full auto.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
I was going to, but I forgot to put it in the last letter. I meant to send him another one immediately after the last one, but I didn't have time. I will definetly let him know tonight. Thanks guys.

Old 01-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Message sent.

Quote:
TEXAS

I forgot to add to my last letter that the rifles that are under threat of being banned are not automatic firearms. They are semi automatic. They cannot easily be converted to full auto either. They are designed so that is would be very difficult for even a machineist to make them full auto. There are also laws that discourage people from trying. (10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine).
You can buy a fully automatic firearm in this country, but it involves a ton of money, a lot of time and paperwork, and a background check. Most people don't have the money to own one.
What I'm trying to get at is that guns are not the problem that many make them out to be. They do not cause crime, but they do a good job at preventing it.
Our right to have guns actually helped your country during WWII.
A very wise man posted this on a forum, and it might interest you.

"at Dunkirk in WW2, Britain was able to rescue a large number of their soldiers. But not their weapons. The US sent large shipments of military weapons to the UK.

We also sent large shipments of privately owned rifles, handguns and shotguns. These were DONATED by Americans, and used to arm the members of the Home Guard. Since they had little or nothing in the way of arms."

Our right to have guns also cause the Japanese to rethink their plan of invading the US mainland. They knew they would have been decimated by the civilians.