Conversation with my brother
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Conversation with my brother

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 952 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Conversation with my brother

My brother is not a gun guy at all, He has golf clubs, you have guns, it is exactly the same thing to him. A hobby, something that relieves stress and gives enjoyment. He is not afraid of guns there were a couple in our house growing up, our nearest neighbor was 3/4 of a mile. A sherriffs deputy once told dad that the absolute best response time would be 12 minutes and he better not depend on that number. We were both taught to shoot, I took it he did not. His wife is a diehard anti gunner. When I was getting divorced I wanted to get my guns out of the house to keep them out of the divorce. I asked if I could store them in his basement in locked cases, no ammunition to come with them, his wife response was and I quote "what if someone breaks in and bring their own bullets".

So we are sitting at Easter dinner today talking politics and everything else like brothers will do. Not sure what lead to this part of the conversation but he said he was flipping channels one night and as he passed cnn he saw a nra logo in the backround and stopped. Rachal Maddow was talking about how she can't understand why gun manufacturers aren't liable for gun deaths because tobacco companies were held liable for cancer deaths in the lawsuits.

He then went into a rant about how the tobacco companies lied and that Smith and Wesson never lied to anybody. And if you missuse their products it is not their responsibility. The rant was longer and more detailed than that but it was refreshing to me for a non gunner to "get it" so to speak. Maybe there is hope after all!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-01-2013, 01:36 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21583 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

that's really funny, her reply, what it they bring their own bullets!

Old 04-01-2013, 01:39 AM   #3
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Good, now maybe he can have a talk with his wife.

"what if someone breaks in and bring their own bullets". What?

Old 04-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #4

Liked 587 Times on 393 Posts
Likes Given: 47

It is refreshing when when people with no horse in the race 'get it..'

Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions....

DISCE PATI

Fear cuts deeper then the sword.

People Like This 
Old 04-07-2013, 03:42 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1227 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Interesting that no one wants to go after the whiskey makers when there is a drunk driving death. Or the car makers.

Tobacco companies make something that will kill you. All the others make something that if misused can kill you. Big difference IMO.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

People Like This 
Old 04-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3185 Times on 1808 Posts
Likes Given: 18433

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Good, now maybe he can have a talk with his wife.

"what if someone breaks in and bring their own bullets". What?
Texaswoodworker , we must compare notes one day , that was my main income!
Youse don,t carry various calibers with youse..? Silly..!
Old 04-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7117 Times on 4284 Posts
Likes Given: 8640

Interesting. I sometimes compare shooting to golf. More people can understand the fun of golfing rather than the fun of shooting.

I tell people target shooting is like golf. You go and shoot. You do "okay" but you know you can do better the next time and that's what keeps me going back to the range and shooting again.

As for "bring your own bullets" I think criminals should bring the whole damn gun and then shoot themselves when they enter your home to wreak some havoc. Then we won't even hardly have to get up out of bed until morning.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #8
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1324 Times on 693 Posts
Likes Given: 607

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
Interesting that no one wants to go after the whiskey makers when there is a drunk driving death. Or the car makers.

Tobacco companies make something that will kill you. All the others make something that if misused can kill you. Big difference IMO.
Don't forget Hershey, Cadbury and all the other candy makers. It is estimated that 20% of America is diabetic and diabetes is classified as a "Medium Systemic Disease' - that's the same classification as AIDS. MedicAid and MediCare spend hundreds of millions of dollars every year treating diabetes-related problems. I mean, if we truly want to attack corporate America for products causing the most damage and dollars of liability to the country, Smith & Wesson doesn't come anywhere NEAR the damage of Hershey's in Pennsylvania.

And then we can total up damage by obesity and high blood pressure and add that on...

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 04-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 398 Times on 206 Posts
Likes Given: 596

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
Don't forget Hershey, Cadbury and all the other candy makers. It is estimated that 20% of America is diabetic and diabetes is classified as a "Medium Systemic Disease' - that's the same classification as AIDS. MedicAid and MediCare spend hundreds of millions of dollars every year treating diabetes-related problems. I mean, if we truly want to attack corporate America for products causing the most damage and dollars of liability to the country, Smith & Wesson doesn't come anywhere NEAR the damage of Hershey's in Pennsylvania.

And then we can total up damage by obesity and high blood pressure and add that on...
Look into the numbers of diseases related to high fructose corn syrup. It's really bad stuff and it's in everything.

Hey..... what's the red button do?

Old 04-08-2013, 04:59 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2742 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I don't care how hot or "adventerous" she is, I would NEVER marry a woman with level of logic spinning about in her head.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball