Considering joining the military - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Considering joining the military

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 01:49 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Good luck, Doug, keep us informed.

Old 05-01-2008, 05:07 PM   #12

Thank You!

Old 05-03-2008, 11:56 AM   #13

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I was in the Army for 21 years and would not trade one minute of it for all the money in the world. It was among the most enjoyable times I ever had. My oldest son joined the Army last year, He's getting a good education and making a lot better money then I did 38 years ago.

I just got back from visiting him and the Grandkids late last night, they seemed to be enjoying him being in the Army.

Old 05-03-2008, 03:15 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Imho The Air Force is the way to go, You will get Great training(the best possible) Great food, Nice living quarters. But be prepared, It's still the military you will do what they say, When they say, How they say.

The only times in this nations history that anything great happened it was because normal men put aside their petty differences and fight for a common cause.

Chester

"The great object is that every man be armed . . . Everyone who is able may have a gun." (Patrick Henry, in the Virginia Convention on the ratification of the Constitution.)

Old 05-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #15

Think your decision through. Involve your parents. Decide why you want to join, what you want out of it and what your goals are for the short term and the long term.

I enlisted for 3 years in 1969 mainly for the GI bill. My parent could not afford to send me to college and this was the best method I could think of. Also, I was under the influence of Robin Moore, Barry Sadler, and John Wayne at the time. I joined for 3 and stayed for 33. About 12 years of that was with the National Guard. All a great time. There were ups and downs. Would not trade the experience (and retirement ) for anything. I joined the army. You should look at all the services and see what they offer in the areas you are interested in. Look to the future. I didn't. Not much demand for my skills in the civilian market. Besides, I'm a little broke up. Still not complaining though. It is what I wanted to do.

Good luck to you and make the best of your decision.