computers aaaarrrrgggghhh - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > computers aaaarrrrgggghhh

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 01:24 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 304 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
I know I have more guns than you. You can try and take them if you make it past my three protection trained German shepards and my wife with her 1911 you still need to deal with me and then my security system and the vault. That is if you can find it. Which I highly doubt. Just saying.... Now stop being a whiny baby. Take the info and learn.

We get ripped off with gas cars taxes electricity toll roads water sewer and such. My little slice of the pie is nothing compared to what the IRS does to me each year.
So, that redistribution attitude you have is only for the 'other people'. Got ya'.

Old 07-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #32

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Are you seriously advising someone to do something illegal in a public forum? Man if this was one of my forums you would be gone forever with your IP blocked.
No I am not advising someone to do something illegal. I am just saying that is one way someone COULD do it.

Some of you need to relax a little.

As for my degree I have a BS from Virginia Tech.

I also have

an A+, Security +, Networking +, CCNA, CCNP, and a few Microsoft Certs.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #33
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07

No I am not advising someone to do something illegal. I am just saying that is one way someone COULD do it.

Some of you need to relax a little.

As for my degree I have a BS from Virginia Tech.

I also have

an A+, Security +, Networking +, CCNA, CCNP, and a few Microsoft Certs.
And your experience & skill show that in your prior posting. My Doctorate of professional studies is in Education Technology, with an MS.ed in emerging technologies, An MFA in Special Education Music, An MA in Special Education, and A BA in Education with Triple Minors, and a 3 Yr. Associate degree In Criminal Jurisprudence(Prior to Military service). I have always been a Musician & a Writer, as well as a Sports Journalist/Broadcaster. The MAC just Works for me, and It has since 1986 when I sold my '69 Nova RS & my Gibson ES-355 Guitar to buy my First MAC,..an LC 460....
I am Apple certified Desktop, Laptop, & Software, and worked part time as a demo rep. for Apple, pre Apple stores(1998-2005)and for TEKSERVE in NYC(2005-2007) as an Intake Tech...And Have also done freelance Apple consulting since the late 90's, Helped Rut two NYC Apple users Groups, and currently sevre on the steering comm. for The Sedona Apple users group(Oak Creek Apples)

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 07-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #34
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 610 Times on 339 Posts
Likes Given: 2601

Come on now,
RELAX.
It was not my intent to start a war.
We all have feelings about things.
THINGS
We share a common love of and for firearms.
That is why we are here.

Last edited by shadecorp; 07-16-2013 at 08:17 PM.
DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 07-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #35

Liked 304 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 90

I don't have a degree in IT, but I drive by a Holiday in express everyday. Twice.

Old 07-16-2013, 11:42 PM   #36

Just a note to the OP. Many times you can't buy Win 7 without making a hardware purchase at the same time. I would also spend the extra and get a 3 pc pack that way if you have to buy a computer in the next year or so you already have win 7 for it.

As far as win 8 goes. Microsoft is known to shoot itself in the foot from time to time.

Win 95 horrible

Win 98 good

Win Me horrible

Win XP great

Win Vista Horrible really horrible.

Win 7 great

Win 8 Horrible

Win 9 should be good to great.

Win NT was good for a basic business OS

Win 2k was better

Win xp Pro even better

Win 7 pro even better

Lets not even get into the Xbox 1 stupidity. They must not want to have a game system anymore.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:18 AM   #37
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1990 Times on 1162 Posts
Likes Given: 4211

Last purchase I did was purchase Windows 7 - 64 bit, new motherboard and processor.

Most recent purchase is an Intel Core i3-3220 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 55W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500

Oldest, little more than a year old, Intel Core i5-2380P Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 Quad-Core Desktop Processor

Old 07-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #38
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3356 Times on 2270 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadecorp
Come on now,
RELAX.
It was not my intent to start a war.
We all have feelings about things.
THINGS
We share a common love of and for firearms.
That is why we are here.
Very true. Not looking for a computer argument on a gun forum of all places.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
Doc3402 Likes This 
Old 07-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
Last purchase I did was purchase Windows 7 - 64 bit, new motherboard and processor.

Most recent purchase is an Intel Core i3-3220 Ivy Bridge 3.3GHz LGA 1155 55W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2500

Oldest, little more than a year old, Intel Core i5-2380P Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 Quad-Core Desktop Processor
The Core i5 will do everything but run the most current games with 4+ monitors. Then again if you are running a 5 monitor setup for gaming more than likely you build a custom rig with at least 2 video cards and a core i7 Extreme.

Really for most desktop computing needs we are at a point where CPU and memory are way beyond the needs.

I mean you can get a phone with quad core cpus now. I'm nursing along my wifes dual core AMD machine because she likes it and I don't want to spend 10 days moving files and reinstalling all her find it games over to a new computer.
Old 07-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #40
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1990 Times on 1162 Posts
Likes Given: 4211

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
The Core i5 will do everything but run the most current games with 4+ monitors. Then again if you are running a 5 monitor setup for gaming more than likely you build a custom rig with at least 2 video cards and a core i7 Extreme.

Really for most desktop computing needs we are at a point where CPU and memory are way beyond the needs.

I mean you can get a phone with quad core cpus now. I'm nursing along my wifes dual core AMD machine because she likes it and I don't want to spend 10 days moving files and reinstalling all her find it games over to a new computer.
I am not allowed to built another rig for the time being, since the purchase of the Mossberg MVP!