Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Company waits until April 3 to resume orders? (passover)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 210 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 116

According to Jewish law, you can't work during the observance of Jewish holidays and the sabbath. That goes to include non Jewish employees working for Jewish companies. You are not allowed to even make money during the observance of Jewish holidays and the sabbath. There are some Jewish people that aren't orthodox, hence they don't observe many laws and will open on the sabbath and the holy days of certain holidays. Believe it or not, some Jewish company owners will go as far as to make written agreements with certain management employees to divert profits on sabbath and holy days in order for them to remain open during those days.

Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56
johnr43 Likes This 
Old 04-06-2013, 04:44 PM   #12

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
Sounds like THEIR policy, I say live with it or shop some where else, this is America................
I think the point is, Tom, that the buyer could not make an informed decision and was arguably misled through obfuscation. Yes, this is America. Still. I guess.

Coupled with the lack of response to an unexpected delayed order I can now only say screw Botach for these poor, compounded, business practices. Botach is deceptive and their advertising here on FireArms Talk should be rejected going forward!

Last edited by HockaLouis; 04-06-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 560 Times on 351 Posts
Likes Given: 1514

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303tom View Post
Sounds like THEIR policy, I say live with it or shop some where else, this is America................
It may be their policy, but it's sh!tty customer service to not disclose it until after the purchase is made.

I'd be tempted to cancel the order and buy from someplace local.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

DFlynt Likes This 
Old 04-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #14

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

^ Thats how I'm starting to feel. Going on 3 weeks now, and after 2 emails and a freaking voicemail I get NOTHING in response yet. They do have my money which pisses me off.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:16 PM   #15

Day 18:

I've now left a voicemail and 3 emails.....Not a single email or phonecall returned to me. Called 3 times today and a not a single person answered the phone. Tired of their ****. Sent a cancellation email....lets see how fast that gets a response

Old 04-08-2013, 07:41 PM   #16

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

And don't forget to notify Firearms Talk and have them do something as well with this "advertiser."

Last edited by HockaLouis; 04-08-2013 at 07:43 PM.
StainlessSteel215 Likes This 
Old 04-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #17

Yupp, they should know about this. I paid for the gun immediately (without ANY notice of this Jewish holiday work stoppage) and got a mass email about their closing after the fact....a few days later.....and nothing in direct response to me since.

Some of the worst customer service Ive experienced. In fact, its non existent!

Never again

Old 04-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #18
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5639 Times on 3316 Posts
Likes Given: 4741

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Purchased an XD 9mm from BOTACH Tactical last Friday night....paid in full and gave my FFL details, etc. Yesterday I finally get an email that I must now wait until Wed April 3rd for Passover to end until orders will resume. Is this standard practice for some companies, that observe the Jewish holidays?? Although I'm patient enough to wait until then, I feel it a bit unfair to subject your customers to a holiday that many probably dont observe.

thoughts?
Have you sent them a link to this thread? Have you considered using their name in your signature on more than this one forum? Have you called your credit card to request a stop payment or something of that sort from the credit card company?

Have you contacted your Better Business Bureau yet?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 04-08-2013, 08:56 PM   #19

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Purchased an XD 9mm from BOTACH Tactical last Friday night....paid in full and gave my FFL details, etc. Yesterday I finally get an email that I must now wait until Wed April 3rd for Passover to end until orders will resume. Is this standard practice for some companies, that observe the Jewish holidays?? Although I'm patient enough to wait until then, I feel it a bit unfair to subject your customers to a holiday that many probably dont observe.

thoughts?
"THOUGHTS?" I think you should be more considerate of the Jewish faith. Civilization owes much to what God has done through His "chosen people". Indeed, they are to be a "light unto the gentiles". Not preaching, just sayin'... and no, I'm not Jewish.

Last edited by johnr43; 04-08-2013 at 09:11 PM.

Old 04-08-2013, 09:23 PM   #20
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5639 Times on 3316 Posts
Likes Given: 4741

I wonder how we would feel if a similar situation happened to one of our online orders due to a Halal holiday for an Islamic-owned vendor with poor communication skills? I would be pretty darn pissed off myself.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p