Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Company waits until April 3 to resume orders? (passover)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Default Company waits until April 3 to resume orders? (passover)

Purchased an XD 9mm from BOTACH Tactical last Friday night....paid in full and gave my FFL details, etc. Yesterday I finally get an email that I must now wait until Wed April 3rd for Passover to end until orders will resume. Is this standard practice for some companies, that observe the Jewish holidays?? Although I'm patient enough to wait until then, I feel it a bit unfair to subject your customers to a holiday that many probably dont observe.

thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

You should have been informed before placing the order. Sounds like an excuse to me.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #3

Agreed, and no I wasnt informed ahead of time.

Again I will be patient because I have no choice, but I certainly prefer NOT to wait a week until operations resume. I just feel its a bit unfair to your customers

Old 03-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #4

Liked 135 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Holy cow! I have never heard of such a thing. Well, I guess it is just the decent thing to do to respect their observance and be patient. You might point out they should make people aware in advance but I understand them not making it perfectly clear. Still, it isn't justified in business where they are a minority affected by their religion.

I bought something from B&H Photo in New York recently. Their website said they were closed Saturdays but open Sundays so I figured that one out but I didn't care -- it was a great internet order and the timing was no issue to me.

Funny thing... I worked for a Jew who owned a few mostly toy stores. Pretty big company actually. He was open for Jewish holidays (I just heard yesterday it was Passover but have no idea how long it apparently lasts) and closed the stores for the big national holidays including Christmas. I was an Assistant Manager and volunteered to skeleton-crew my store, the Headquarters branch, Christmas Day. Just for a few hours.

I saw families needing last minute toys and batteries not included. A mitzvah. LOL He wouldn't consider it.

Last edited by MattShlock; 03-26-2013 at 01:48 PM.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #5

Liked 4788 Times on 2678 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Any company with unique or curious rules on shipping should list these rules. Anyone contemplating the placement of an order should be made aware of these rules.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #6
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6752 Times on 4080 Posts
Likes Given: 8065

Yes, you should have been made aware there would be a delay for 'the holidays' but I never did understand why 'we' only observed Christian Holidays and not Jewish one. OF course, then there's always going to be the retort, "What about all the other religions and their holidays?"

locutus Likes This 
Old 03-26-2013, 02:01 PM   #7

No, I get it and can understand Winds.....although Im not well versed in the Jewish holidays and not sure why they cannot conduct business. I thought it was just a matter of giving up bacon and meat

Its all good, just wondering if this was highly unusual or just something that must be respected and left alone. Again, a little courtesy heads-up to your customers would have been appreciated since I have nothing to do with Passover

Old 03-26-2013, 04:05 PM   #8

Liked 97 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I don't have a problem with their chosing to observe Passover, however I agree that you should have been made aware of this in advance. We have a meat market here in Indy that closes for vacation following the 4th of July for the rest of the month, that is boldly announced on their website and at their physical location. There are a number of companies that close for the Christmas and New Years holidays, but usually they make you aware of this.

Old 04-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #9

Well, its now been over 2 weeks since I purchased this gun and not only did I have to wait a week for Passover which was UNKNOWN TO ME AT PURCHASE....I cant even get a email or phone response as to when my freakin order will ship.

I was patient at first.....now.....not so much.

Old 04-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #10

Liked 1084 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1104

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Purchased an XD 9mm from BOTACH Tactical last Friday night....paid in full and gave my FFL details, etc. Yesterday I finally get an email that I must now wait until Wed April 3rd for Passover to end until orders will resume. Is this standard practice for some companies, that observe the Jewish holidays?? Although I'm patient enough to wait until then, I feel it a bit unfair to subject your customers to a holiday that many probably dont observe.

thoughts?
Sounds like THEIR policy, I say live with it or shop some where else, this is America................

When all else fails.