Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Community Comes to Rescue of 93-Year-Old WWII Veteran

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #1
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1695 Times on 967 Posts
Likes Given: 3455

Default Community Comes to Rescue of 93-Year-Old WWII Veteran

These 2 kids need a serious fixin'

What has happened to this country? I can point to three locations the parents, social media crap and the so-called education system.

The kids need to pay for this act and not the parents!

The community and even around the nation have come together on word this happened.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Teens-burglarize-trash-home-of-World-War-II-veteran-in-Houston-187778361.html?gallery=y&img=1&c=y

http://www.therightsphere.com/2013/01/community-comes-to-rescue-of-93-year-old-wwii-veteran/

The last month or so had been really tough for one WWII Veteran in Texas. Not only did 93-year-old Purple Heart recipient Elbert Wood lose his wife last month, but when he returned home from a doctor’s appointment earlier this week, he discovered the inside of his home had been vandalized. His walls, his furniture, and even his TV had been spray painted by two boys. But before you lose all faith in people, watch what happened in the aftermath of that despicable crime.

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 01-23-2013 at 05:38 PM.
People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-24-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2133 Times on 1064 Posts
Likes Given: 1089

Bigcountry,

Another wonderful example of what we have generated and developed over the past 20 years. No discipline, no respect, no values and probably no correct parenting. I can detect a possibility of parents who are permissive who may want to be friends and not parents! How about you! They sure did not teach them respect. Actually the boys committed a felony by crossing the threshold to do damage to the property.
I would not have even considered anything like that and especially with elderly folks to boot! I would not have been half as scared of the law as I would have been my dad! He would have beat my A--! And that would have not been the end not to mention working it off repaying the old guy!
But what did we hear! Oh Poor little guys! They cried and said they were Sorry! WOW~What else?????? Good thing it was not one of my kids! But to be thankful never had any major issues with any of the four of them. But man the residence and friends in the area were fantastic! And God Bless the old man for his service to the Country and being a true American Hero!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Bigcountry02 Likes This 
Old 01-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1599 Times on 832 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

Disappointed but not surprised.

I don’t know these kids or this guy. I suspect there’s more to the story on both. I doubt this is the first time these kids went off the rails and I wonder why this guy was selected.

All that said, I would hope the kids are being put to work adjacent to the adults repainting the walls or something. They need to hear this guy’s story to feel the degree of offense they committed because of what they did to him, in order and recognize and appreciate the degree of tolerance being expressed. Without something like that, it’s only punishment and punishment alone just makes people pissed off.

Or the kids may be a couple of pathological larva and just aren’t wired right.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:30 PM   #4

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

i am glad he has some great friend's and neighbor's ,it show's you how much our sosioity has fallen since the time this great american risked all for his country . but there are glimmer's of hope showing if only we could teach the young some respect ,and manner's .