Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Coming: NOT your Grandpa's TV....

View Poll Results: What activity/devices/hobby do you spend most of your (leisure) time with/doing?
Internet/FirearmsTalk 18 64.29%
Computer Gaming. 4 14.29%
Internet/chat. 4 14.29%
Radio listening. 4 14.29%
Television. 9 32.14%
Ammo/reloading. 1 3.57%
Hanging with friends. 4 14.29%
Family activities. 8 28.57%
Shooting range/target practice. 12 42.86%
Hunting. 4 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 02:59 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
davemccarthy707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 757
Liked 253 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Default

Pickin my Fender Telecaster and Stratocaster thru my blackface Super Reverb listenin to Buck Owens on youtube!

__________________
davemccarthy707 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:47 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 107
Default Coming: NOT....

Quote:
Are you a white supremacist using this forum to recruit new members for your cause?
What, pray tell, does this thread about new TV technology have to do with white supremacy? And when have I EVER said anything even remotely 'racist' on this forum? Well?? Produce it!

In regard to my post about an international room (which I get sick of being haranged about) don't you (often) see clansmen on international language forums, speaking to people all over the world, regardless of race/color/creed, etc. Yeah, I DO...(not!).
__________________

Last edited by themanbeau; 10-01-2009 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Spelling.
themanbeau is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:40 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: City
Posts: 120
Default

I run two different encyclopedic web sites and a forum of my own, and the software will translate the site into just about any language a user could want. I feel that the international thing is unnecessary and I feel it would sort of break up a group into cliques. None of the Russians, Chinese, Congolese, Finns or any other of the many, many nationalities on my sites has ever asked for such a feature.

__________________
Route 66 Rambler is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:18 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 107
Default Coming: NOT....

Quote:
I run two different encyclopedic web sites and a forum of my own, and the software will translate the site into just about any language a user could want. I feel that the international thing is unnecessary and I feel it would sort of break up a group into cliques. None of the Russians, Chinese, Congolese, Finns or any other of the many, many nationalities on my sites has ever asked for such a feature.
Yeah, I agree-happy? Now, can we all (please) just shut up about this?

This thread was about TV tech, not an international room, anyway. And it
will probably be my last, too. (party time!)

.02-
__________________
themanbeau is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:54 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: City
Posts: 120
Default

I'm not trying to run anyone off. I am simply pointing out a logical feature of the software. It turns the entire site into an international one. That's how you bring in traffic.

I did participate in the subject of this discussion. I like to read in my spare time. When I said I demand a "hate Beau" group for not including reading, I was being sarcastic, in both directions of the conversation. Humorous relief of tension-
<-----See? I'm grinning and stuff.

I haven't been here very long, I've got no axes to grind. I think you shouldn't be so sensitive to the words of people you've never met, typing on keyboards you've never seen. They know nothing about you, either, except what you show them with your unseen keyboard. Just chill. Please, don't take offense that I said "I think" you should, either. Descartes thought that's what made us human. I think. I am. It's not really blasphemy, you know. I didn't capitalize it.

__________________
Route 66 Rambler is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 107
Default Coming: NOT....

Quote:
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
Good reminder-and good quote. I haven't been here long either (which I get reminded of, nearly every time I log in, btw)-I must've missed your intro-welcome! Sounds like you have some cool webs. To hear some of the other members tell it, I run a KKK website, complete with hoods, torches, crosses (or whatever gollywood stereotype you choose)-MAN!-I just remembered, I forgot to tell Byron (a school classmate, who happens to be black) last night about that. I'll send him the link, so he'll know that (in reality) I hate him, even though we spent 12 years together in school, and are still good friends, 30 years later...wow, he'll be impressed. Oh, yeah-forgot again-he's already seen it, and couldn't find a single 'racist' thing on it-imagine that!

Later, Gunners-
__________________

Last edited by themanbeau; 10-02-2009 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Formatting.
themanbeau is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:27 PM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta,TEXAS!
Posts: 705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanbeau View Post
What, pray tell, does this thread about new TV technology have to do with white supremacy? And when have I EVER said anything even remotely 'racist' on this forum? Well?? Produce it!

In regard to my post about an international room (which I get sick of being haranged about) don't you (often) see clansmen on international language forums, speaking to people all over the world, regardless of race/color/creed, etc. Yeah, I DO...(not!).
I asked a very straight-forward question: "Are you?" I didn't accuse, I asked.

You didn't answer my question, you simply just steered your response more towards trying to make me look like an idiot for asking in the first place. I'm pretty sure it didn't work, and your dodging answering my question by trying to make me look like said idiot still begs your answer to the question: "Are you?"
__________________

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com
hydrashok is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 107
Default Coming: NOT....

Quote:
You didn't answer my question, you simply just steered your response more towards trying to make me look like an idiot for asking in the first place. I'm pretty sure it didn't work, and your dodging answering my question by trying to make me look like said idiot still begs your answer to the question: "Are you?"
No, I'm not.

I didn't 'steer around' your question-I was asking what lead you to ask it, in the first place. The only thing included on my site is a reference to being fundamental (meaning conservative, and King James Bible) and a one-line allusion to the American Civil War, which I have explained in (several) previous posts. I expect liberals to trump the 'racist' card every time a conversation comes up, or in an (intended-to-be-civil) argument. My standards (expectations) were a lot higher for this site, but they have been sorely disappointed, thus far. Your projection of my thought process is in error, because I certainly don't consider you to be an idiot. I just expect to be treated a bit more fairly, instead of having are-you-this (label) or that, thrown out, in lieu of (semi-civil) communications between two men. I also have noted that when I put up a defense to these charges, they are either ignored (not acknowledged), or are ridiculed. So, who is being treated as the 'idiot', here?

Answered-
__________________
themanbeau is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:18 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hydrashok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Atlanta,TEXAS!
Posts: 705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanbeau View Post
No, I'm not.
Very good. That wasn't so hard, now was it? Please continue to read... I got a LOT to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanbeau View Post
I didn't 'steer around' your question-I was asking what lead you to ask it, in the first place. The only thing included on my site is a reference to being fundamental (meaning conservative, and King James Bible) and a one-line allusion to the American Civil War, which I have explained in (several) previous posts.
To answer your question in your previous response to my question, the answer is this: You've never said anything remotely racist (that I've ever read, anyhow). It wasn't anything you ever "said" that led to any suspicions of being a racist. However, you come to this forum hard and strong about your hard-core support of "freedom", then you post poll after poll after poll... which seems innocent enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanbeau View Post
I expect liberals to trump the 'racist' card every time a conversation comes up, or in an (intended-to-be-civil) argument.
I asked a question. A simple question. A legitimate question. AND, I asked in a civilized manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanbeau View Post
My standards (expectations) were a lot higher for this site, but they have been sorely disappointed, thus far. Your projection of my thought process is in error, because I certainly don't consider you to be an idiot. I just expect to be treated a bit more fairly, instead of having are-you-this (label) or that, thrown out, in lieu of (semi-civil) communications between two men. I also have noted that when I put up a defense to these charges, they are either ignored (not acknowledged), or are ridiculed. So, who is being treated as the 'idiot', here?
You came on here as a hard-charger. That makes a few of the core members here a little edgy. However, that can be gotten past after a bit of getting to know the member... but then you started posting all of these polls. A poll is "Ok", except you didn't allow any of them to be "anonymous". That raised a LOT of red flags... it's the same tactics extremists groups use to recruit. They ask a bunch of seemingly harmless questions to find who most likely fits their mold for recruitment.

You, sir, have raised a LOT of red flags. Now, it seems nobody can ask you a simple question without a LOT of defensive dodging done on your part. We don't know who you are. We ask questions to try and get to know you... but getting a good answer without a lot of over-defensive rhetoric has become seemingly impossible. This forum has been around for quite a while. The ops/mods aren't stupid, and know how to run it. A lot of the core-group, while not ops/mods/owners/etc consider this their home on the internet, and are quite protective of it. YOU, sir, are the new kid on the block. You can't show up and expect to be large and in-charge. (I didn't even bring this up, you did...) But I certainly understand your mindset. It's like the big city patrolman who moves to a small town and thinks that with his few years of big city cop experience, the small town folks will ooh and ahh and make him the police chief.

Now, I realize you had certain "high" expectations of this forum. Well, I'll tell you... the core group and the ops/mods have a certain expectation of its users. Some of them who have a shakey start eventually fall in line with those expectations. Some decide this forum isn't for them and move on. Others have to be banned.

You have the choice as far as which of those three will happen. There's really no other choice. Personally, I'd like to see you come to the realization that we're not a bunch of idiots, and decide to contribute to the forums with any knowlege and insight you may have, in exchange for learning from the knowlege and insight many of the users here have. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having views or opinions that differ from others, but you can't go off on tirades and play victim everytime someone questions your motives or intent, either. Now, sir, the ball is in your court.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themanbeau View Post
Answered-
Thank you.
__________________

-=Jerry A. Goodson=-

Tri-State Tactical
1010 N. Louise St.
Atlanta, Texas 75551
430-342-3376

http://www.3tactical.com
hydrashok is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 09:52 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 107
Default Coming: NOT....

Quote:
hydrashok
Yes, I am THE man.
Yes, you're right, sir. I AM wasting my time, here. I had no intention (then, or now) to be 'Sheriff' or anything else. I simply saw a category which said "suggestions" (which, humorously enough, I did not even know could be read by other 'members', at the time) and made a suggestion, and next thing I know I'm reading about hoods, crosses, and a bunch of other strange things. So-can anyone direct me to the gentleman who can refund my $15?

Thank you-
__________________

Last edited by themanbeau; 10-03-2009 at 10:07 PM.
themanbeau is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Gamers, it's coming... Moss99 The Club House 112 01-01-2010 01:06 AM
The Continental is Coming!!! Benning Boy The Club House 11 07-28-2009 06:58 PM
The world is coming to an end. cpttango30 The Club House 32 01-28-2009 01:55 PM
Change is coming hunter Joe The Club House 0 12-17-2008 02:36 AM
need help restoring my grandpa's old gun Dylonx5 Gunsmithing Forum 4 10-14-2008 01:47 AM