Combat Video Games
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Combat Video Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2009, 01:00 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Combat Video Games

My husband and I used to play GoldenEye 007 on our old Nintendo years ago. We miss it and have been searching for a new game. We have a Playstation 3 now. I'm looking for a combat game where we can be on opposing teams (but I don't want to be on a team, I'd like to go at it one on one). With the old GoldenEye, you could run around with a different gun or throwing knives or grenades or slappers (hand to hand combat), in other words, you chose the one weapon to work with. Can any gamers here think of anything that might be comparable to that so hubs and I can start destroying each other again?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-28-2009, 01:06 AM   #2

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Call of Duty 4
Call of Duty 6

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 11-28-2009, 02:17 AM   #3

Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The Call of Duty franchise is awesome, but not sure about player-vs-player mode, because I stick to mostly online play. If you are into weapons and the accurate depiction of weapons, all the way from ballistics to feel, you can't go wrong with COD.

Old 11-28-2009, 02:21 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Heck you still won't go wrong firing up your old N64. I play all the newer games, but Goldeneye still gets fired up several times a week.

Old 11-28-2009, 03:20 AM   #5

Youve got some killer options with the ps3. As everyone has said the cod (call of duty) series is awesome, but youve also got Killzone 2(amazing game), Resistance 1 & 2 are amazing, some ppl like haze (i f'n hate it), Wolfenstein is an amazing FPS (first person shooter) but im not sure if it has a local system split screen option or not. If you do decide to go CoD definitely give world at war a try. Its intensely accurate ww2 based and by far my favorite (im a ww2 junkie), but most people seem to prefer modern warfare 1 and 2 for all there new age guns and gadgets, but give me a sturmgewehr any day :-D.

"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Old 11-28-2009, 03:28 AM   #6

Hmmm... I thought we looked into Modern Warfare and didn't think the one-on-one would really work out. I think he'll probably pick it up for himself, though.

Good idea, mpd8488. Although we sold the Nintendo years ago (I don't remember why, maybe we stopped playing it for a while) I suspect they're readily available on Ebay, along with the old GoldenEye game. I might just think about that.

Old 11-28-2009, 04:00 AM   #7

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
The Call of Duty franchise is awesome, but not sure about player-vs-player mode, because I stick to mostly online play. If you are into weapons and the accurate depiction of weapons, all the way from ballistics to feel, you can't go wrong with COD.
COD 6 does have 1v1 multiplayer.

It also has a spec ops mode where you two can play together against the computer if you so desire.

"This is not about land or money...but the one thing that no man should never be able to take from another man: the freedom to make his own choices about his life, where he'll live, how he'll live, how he'll raise his family. "

William Travis, The Alamo: 13 Days to Glory

Old 11-28-2009, 04:37 AM   #8

Okay, that's great then since I think he planned on getting it for himself anyway.

Old 11-29-2009, 06:52 AM   #9

Liked 35 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 5

MW2 is awesome . I really like call of duty 2 also but they are all pretty cool. Has anyone ever played Black it is a great shooter!

Old 11-29-2009, 07:48 AM   #10

Liked 5 Times on 1 Posts

Don't like the COD MW or MW2 myself.

I'm more into Rainbow Six Vegas and Vegas 2.