Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > College student kills home invader

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 08:15 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Youse guys know who Fran Drescher is? That's right the hottie with the nasty voice. I believe she had a tv series called "The Nanny" and she was in the most excellent movie HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS. She (and a friend and her husband) were once put through some serioulsy sick sh!t at one time.

Psycopaths are psychopaths. The only cure is death.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 05-07-2009, 10:18 PM   #22

Each of us should make a comment on the story to show support for the hero and one of the many benefit of upholding our Second Amendment.

Old 05-09-2009, 06:01 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Is anyone a little concerned that 2 guys would come into an apartment style setting and try to attack/rob/rape/murder 11 people?

Don't get me wrong, I think the student that did the shooting was righteous and was protecting his friends, but that seems odd to me.

Surely, unless one of the two attackers had a personal vendetta against someone at the party, they could have found an easier setting to pull off this type of action.

One less bad guy in the world is always a good thing, but something about this story just seems either Incrediably Brazen, or not quite the Truth So Help You....

JD

JD,
I'm from Ga and i'm following the story closely. The APD have been after the two guys that did this for a while. These guys are as believed to be connected with a few other shootings and attacks in the Atlanta area. They have evidence these guy had something to do with a kidnapping/ shootin and a few other shootings and attacks. so i beleive that rules out personal vendetta.

Old 05-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #24
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Whatever the "reason" may be, that was a brazen and calculated action. However, those morons didn't factor in retalliation by someone with a gun. So the score is one dead, and one on the loose for now. If more people carried guns, there would be a lot less of this crap going on.

Old 05-10-2009, 05:27 AM   #25

very true mark. very true

Old 05-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #26

The "problem" with this is that the GG, who proved to be capable enough to use the weapon responsibly, is not allowed to have the weapon on campus. Why do I mention this? It's because I am facing this myself, or at least my son is. Should I get him his CC permit and purchase him a weapon and tell him to "use it sparingly" ? Or, do I say: "Since you're living on campus, where you cannot have a weapon on your person, or in your vehicle, while on this campus, you'll have to leave the weapon safely at home."? We all know that he will not be on campus 24/7 and will be in groups just like this while he's at school.

At any rate, for this group in Atlanta, this student saved the lives of about 11 folks with some being scarred for life, (if they survived) whom were about to be raped. He's a hero and I think someone should pay for him to have some add'l range time, so next time, he won't just wound the BG.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:49 PM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2845 Times on 1646 Posts
Likes Given: 16958

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
This kind of stuff makes me want to be armed 24/7. Can't I ever relax?!!
That is what we all should be doing 24/7. The world has gone mad and we are the only instant deffense. The police do an outstanding job but they just can't get there quick enough.Our safety lies in our hands.We all need to be
well practiced and ready at all times.
I'm no Rambo but I'll be damned if I let someone impose their criminal intent
upon my self or my family.We need more responsible and well practiced people
out there and the hell with these "Anti-gunners".Life is too short and I'll not make mine any shorter if I can help it.

Old 05-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioroftheland View Post
i'm sure the girl was shot by the bg.
I didn't mean to imply that he would have intentionally shot the girl. I'm just saying I hope for his sake that his shots flew true to their target....I know I would feel awful if any of my shots injured an innocent, even if I was able to stop the BG's.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:00 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post
That is what we all should be doing 24/7. The world has gone mad and we are the only instant deffense. The police do an outstanding job but they just can't get there quick enough.Our safety lies in our hands.We all need to be
well practiced and ready at all times.
I'm no Rambo but I'll be damned if I let someone impose their criminal intent
upon my self or my family.We need more responsible and well practiced people
out there and the hell with these "Anti-gunners".Life is too short and I'll not make mine any shorter if I can help it.
Good stuff and true. That was a realization that I had in my carry class. The police, while they do an outstanding (and thankless.. I now thank those of you who read this that are in law enforcement!) job, are not personal body guards and cannot be in every place all the time. Typically, they show up after the bad stuff has happened. It is up to each one of us to do what we can to protect ourselves, but be sure that the level, or percieved level, of threat is such that justifies the same level of action. Even if one were not going to carry, I would highly recommend the class I took to open ones' eyes.

Old 05-11-2009, 06:32 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
This kind of stuff makes me want to be armed 24/7. Can't I ever relax?!!
4 loaded guns within arms reach two hand guns a shotgun and a rifle .

Not all of us are trophy hunters.