Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   College student kills home invader (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/college-student-kills-home-invader-13612/)

Gojubrian 05-07-2009 12:47 AM

College student kills home invader

College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader - News Story - WSB Atlanta

:)

falseharmonix 05-07-2009 12:50 AM

Sure hope the guy who saved his friends wasn't the one who hit the girl....but, that aside....

Good Guys 1
Bad Guys 0

Gojubrian 05-07-2009 12:55 AM

This kind of stuff makes me want to be armed 24/7. Can't I ever relax?!!

falseharmonix 05-07-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 103084)
This kind of stuff makes me want to be armed 24/7. Can't I ever relax?!!

my gun is currently 2 inches from my keyboard....there is something about a loaded gun by your side that just brings out the joy and calm :D

skullcrusher 05-07-2009 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojubrian (Post 103073)

Thwarted mass murder and rape. Too bad the first pos was not disposed of. Maybe range time is in order. Good news, brian. :)

dnthmn2004 05-07-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by falseharmonix (Post 103088)
my gun is currently 2 inches from my keyboard....there is something about a loaded gun by your side that just brings out the joy and calm :D

You too?? My gun is always within arms reach when I'm home and don't have it on me.

Nice to hear the good guys win.

MGH 05-07-2009 02:54 AM

Man, I'm jealous of you guys. I'm on duty and can only carry OC spray.:(
That student is a hero in my book.

JiroZero713 05-07-2009 03:56 AM

Girl aint dead and is going to make a recovery...if the guy hit her who saved them all I wouldn't be to worried. It's either get raped and all die or sacrifice a life to save all lives...but still it's a sad thing though. I'm thinking the robber was the one who shot her probably...

If not the guy should feel good and bad...and go to the range a bit more...or use a gun he's confident will hit something.

I know one thing. My .357 not only makes holes in roof..but holes in paper dead on...I'll be using that when I'm older.

Major Kusanagi 05-07-2009 04:08 AM

That kid is a hero. I am a bit upset though that the area around my university is a high crime area. It makes me want to carry my pistol around as well. :(

AcidFlashGordon 05-07-2009 04:11 AM

Quote:

“And I heard someone say, ‘Someone help me. Call the police. Somebody call the police,’” said a neighbor.

The neighbor said she believes it was Lavant, who was found dead near his apartment, only one building away.
It seems the perp who died had decided that he didn't want to be a crook any more. Ah, well. It sucks to be him. At least the armed student took the initiative to use his weapon to save his friends.