Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   College football! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/college-football-17585/)

NGIB 09-01-2009 01:19 PM

College football!

Thank the good Lord it's that time of year again. While I am a Maryland Terrapin myself, I'm a big Florida State fan. Since they paid for my oldest daughter to get her BS & MS - it's the least I can do.

Here's hoping the Noles have an offensive line this year...

cpttango30 09-01-2009 02:55 PM

Hookies rule.........

robocop10mm 09-01-2009 04:09 PM

I used to be a big Wolverine fan as my brother played there, BUT...THEY SUCK NOW SO I CANNOT STAND THE THOUGHT OF WATCHING THE MAIZE AND BLUE GET BEATEN DOWN BY SOME APPALACHIAN STATE D-3 SCHOOL BECAUSE IT GETS MY BLOOD PRESSURE SKY HIGH AND I HAVE TO STIFLE THE URGE TO SHOOT EVERYTHING THAT MOVES UNTIL I EITHER MELT EVERY BARREL IN EVERY GUN I OWN OR TIL THE AMMO RUNS OUT!

For now, I watch Texas because they are 20 minutes down the road. I am reserving my loyalties for the school that we ultimately decide on for my step son's football future.

IGETEVEN 09-01-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robocop10mm (Post 153970)
I used to be a big Wolverine fan as my brother played there, BUT...THEY SUCK NOW SO I CANNOT STAND THE THOUGHT OF WATCHING THE MAIZE AND BLUE GET BEATEN DOWN BY SOME APPALACHIAN STATE D-3 SCHOOL BECAUSE IT GETS MY BLOOD PRESSURE SKY HIGH AND I HAVE TO STIFLE THE URGE TO SHOOT EVERYTHING THAT MOVES UNTIL I EITHER MELT EVERY BARREL IN EVERY GUN I OWN OR TIL THE AMMO RUNS OUT!

For now, I watch Texas because they are 20 minutes down the road. I am reserving my loyalties for the school that we ultimately decide on for my step son's football future.

Hmmm...... Robo, how about OU or OSU? They is always atop in the rankings and they like to spank Texas...a lot. ;)

Jack

robocop10mm 09-01-2009 05:14 PM

We've been talking to OSU as well as Arkansas, K State, Missouri, TX A&M, SMU, U of H, BYU, Utah, NM State, Vanderbilt, Stanford and a host of smaller schools. Just trying to find the right fit for him that is hopefully not too far away.

cpttango30 09-01-2009 05:33 PM

GO BUCKEYES WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to like VT because I live here. I have to like Ohio State because my wife is from there.

I don't like any calie team. They are a bunch of fudge packers anyways.

NGIB 09-01-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cpttango30 (Post 154019)
I don't like any calie team. They are a bunch of fudge packers anyways.

C'mon Tango, tell us how you really feel! I didn't live all that far from Blacksburg for a time in the 90s. I lived in Bluefield (92-97) right on the VA/WV border - very beautiful place...

skullcrusher 09-01-2009 06:24 PM

All I have to say is:

O-H-I-O

How many batteries does it take to beat Michigan?

1 triple-A

Muck Fishigan :D

ItsmeShane 09-01-2009 08:08 PM

Im somewhat of a Clemson fan, just because all of my buddies are, and we usually hang out go have a beer or two and watch football. not a big college football fan though.

BigByrd47119 09-01-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skullcrusher (Post 154045)
All I have to say is:

O-H-I-O

How many batteries does it take to beat Michigan?

1 triple-A

Muck Fishigan :D

Up untill about a year ago, I spent my whole life within about 10-20 minutes of the Horse Shoe. Go Buckeyes!