Coffee Talk
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Coffee Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 233 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Default Coffee Talk

I am a fan of coffee and figured why not talk about it here with all of you. This is kind of like the what do you drink thread. So post your favorite brands, style or whatever! Lets talk java!!

My favorite daily brand is Chock Full'O Nuts. I really think it is a "smooth" coffee with a nice smell and taste. Used to be a regular folgers guy but this stuff has swayed me for the past year or two away from folgers.

I use a regular drip coffee maker (mr.coffee) and use about 2 heaping scoops per 12 cup pot. On occasion I like to use a peculator on the stove or grill, like the taste an old fashioned peculator brings.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2014, 03:37 PM   #2

Liked 1018 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 1590

I drink alot of coffee, probably more than i should.... At home my daily brew is Hills Bros from a Mr Coffee... At work its who knows...? Whatever people bring in...I do enjoy the occasional Ice Cap from Tim Hortons, and would like to try out a coffee press someday, they make it look so good on QVC....LOL

Don't follow me.....You won't make it.....

colmustard Likes This 
Old 03-15-2014, 03:54 PM   #3

Liked 2186 Times on 1289 Posts
Likes Given: 474

I make coffee lots of ways. Being a sailor, I'm no stranger to coffee, and have enjoyed different styles around the world. Espresso on the high speed train to Paris, or Italian Espresso and Cappuccino made on a hot plate or out if a monster of a machine. Turkish coffee that could probably stop paint, but was still exquisite. Now I live near Seattle, which is probably the US coffee capitol.

I like darker roasts, like French roast or espresso roasts. I like Tulley's French roast from my Kuerig. Eight o'clock Coffe is a good standard as well for beans, when I grind fresh and use a French press. My favorite drip coffee is Folgers Black silk.

I dislike Max-swill House packets that they had on the sub. Used to have to bring my own, or one of the crew had parents who owned a Dunkin Donuts franchise and they would send bags of coffee to the crew.

Last edited by SSGN_Doc; 03-15-2014 at 03:57 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-15-2014, 04:21 PM   #4

Liked 345 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I will drink just about any coffee, it's just a question of how much I will b*tch about it

Eight O'clock coffee Columbian is our everyday brew, we buy the whole bean since the wife seems to like it better. for flavored stuff we usually have a couple small bags of different flavors of Cameron's coffee. Eight O'clock used to make a really good vanilla coffee but we can't find it around here anymore.

I remember really liking Butter Nut in college but I tried some a couple years ago & it wasn't how I remembered it. I suppose that means 10 years down the road I won't like what I'm drinking now either

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch

People Like This 
Old 03-15-2014, 04:23 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2823 Times on 1402 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Out & about or at home: plain, black coffee. I'm not too fussy about brands, though darker is typically better IMHO.
At home we use a Cuisinart drip machine. The last one finally quit after about six years. Seems like lesser brands are only good for about 18 months.

I've never really understood the whole megafluffy, half caff, low fat, overpriced latte' with too much sweetener. Is it coffee or a dessert? The exception being that when in Italy, a cappuccino will work fine.
Note: in my experience, ordering a Double Espresso and drinking it black, no sugar will get you some strange looks in Italy or France.

NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 03-15-2014, 04:40 PM   #6

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Cafe Du Monde and/or CDM chicory blends. Two heaping tablespoons for a 4 cup dripper, sometimes with a level tablespoon of espresso grind bustillo.

At work, this stuff called Ken's Coffee. I've met Ken, he's a great guy. But his coffee is merely an acceptable off brand type thing that is bought by small businesses and the city for conenience. They deliver, and it comes in boxes of smaller, easier to use packages. Throw one or two packets in a 12 cup dripper (rented from them, Bunn) add water, wait.

I'm about to set up my 12 cup at home, bring my 4 cup to the office, and start supplying my own coffee here at work. No one here likes it as strong as I do.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:06 PM   #7

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

At home it's either a drip maker with something cheap for the quantity or random variety of whole beans I grind and use in my press.

At work it's either folgers or get lucky and get community.

~ Get your tools and meet me on tow princess!~

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 03-15-2014, 05:08 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1620 Times on 869 Posts
Likes Given: 2634

I'm a cheap skate at home, using Foldgers or Maxwell House through a Bunn coffee maker. When I'm out and about I'll snag a latte or espresso if I can find it.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:23 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1206 Times on 823 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

Folgers Dark Roast with a little 1/2 & 1/2, Yum Yum !..................

When all else fails.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:30 PM   #10

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I like Heavy Metal from the Sturgis Coffee Company.
The Sturgis Chamber of Commerce gave samples away at the SHOT show and I have purchased it online ever since
http://www.sturgiscoffeecompany.com/store/
Well worth the price with shipping