Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Coffee Talk (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/coffee-talk-105119/)

colmustard 03-15-2014 03:24 PM

Coffee Talk

I am a fan of coffee and figured why not talk about it here with all of you. This is kind of like the what do you drink thread. So post your favorite brands, style or whatever! Lets talk java!! :D

My favorite daily brand is Chock Full'O Nuts. I really think it is a "smooth" coffee with a nice smell and taste. Used to be a regular folgers guy but this stuff has swayed me for the past year or two away from folgers.

I use a regular drip coffee maker (mr.coffee) and use about 2 heaping scoops per 12 cup pot. On occasion I like to use a peculator on the stove or grill, like the taste an old fashioned peculator brings.

rn-cindy 03-15-2014 03:37 PM

I drink alot of coffee, probably more than i should...:rolleyes:. At home my daily brew is Hills Bros from a Mr Coffee... At work its who knows...? Whatever people bring in...I do enjoy the occasional Ice Cap from Tim Hortons, and would like to try out a coffee press someday, they make it look so good on QVC....LOL

SSGN_Doc 03-15-2014 03:54 PM

I make coffee lots of ways. Being a sailor, I'm no stranger to coffee, and have enjoyed different styles around the world. Espresso on the high speed train to Paris, or Italian Espresso and Cappuccino made on a hot plate or out if a monster of a machine. Turkish coffee that could probably stop paint, but was still exquisite. Now I live near Seattle, which is probably the US coffee capitol.

I like darker roasts, like French roast or espresso roasts. I like Tulley's French roast from my Kuerig. Eight o'clock Coffe is a good standard as well for beans, when I grind fresh and use a French press. My favorite drip coffee is Folgers Black silk.

I dislike Max-swill House packets that they had on the sub. Used to have to bring my own, or one of the crew had parents who owned a Dunkin Donuts franchise and they would send bags of coffee to the crew.

donthav1 03-15-2014 04:21 PM

I will drink just about any coffee, it's just a question of how much I will b*tch about it :p

Eight O'clock coffee Columbian is our everyday brew, we buy the whole bean since the wife seems to like it better. for flavored stuff we usually have a couple small bags of different flavors of Cameron's coffee. Eight O'clock used to make a really good vanilla coffee but we can't find it around here anymore.

I remember really liking Butter Nut in college but I tried some a couple years ago & it wasn't how I remembered it. I suppose that means 10 years down the road I won't like what I'm drinking now either

Overkill0084 03-15-2014 04:23 PM

Out & about or at home: plain, black coffee. I'm not too fussy about brands, though darker is typically better IMHO.
At home we use a Cuisinart drip machine. The last one finally quit after about six years. Seems like lesser brands are only good for about 18 months.

I've never really understood the whole megafluffy, half caff, low fat, overpriced latte' with too much sweetener. Is it coffee or a dessert? The exception being that when in Italy, a cappuccino will work fine.
Note: in my experience, ordering a Double Espresso and drinking it black, no sugar will get you some strange looks in Italy or France.

trip286 03-15-2014 04:40 PM

Cafe Du Monde and/or CDM chicory blends. Two heaping tablespoons for a 4 cup dripper, sometimes with a level tablespoon of espresso grind bustillo.

At work, this stuff called Ken's Coffee. I've met Ken, he's a great guy. But his coffee is merely an acceptable off brand type thing that is bought by small businesses and the city for conenience. They deliver, and it comes in boxes of smaller, easier to use packages. Throw one or two packets in a 12 cup dripper (rented from them, Bunn) add water, wait.

I'm about to set up my 12 cup at home, bring my 4 cup to the office, and start supplying my own coffee here at work. No one here likes it as strong as I do.

kytowboater 03-15-2014 05:06 PM

At home it's either a drip maker with something cheap for the quantity or random variety of whole beans I grind and use in my press.

At work it's either folgers or get lucky and get community.

~ Get your tools and meet me on tow princess!~

stratrider 03-15-2014 05:08 PM

I'm a cheap skate at home, using Foldgers or Maxwell House through a Bunn coffee maker. When I'm out and about I'll snag a latte or espresso if I can find it.

303tom 03-15-2014 05:23 PM

Folgers Dark Roast with a little 1/2 & 1/2, Yum Yum !..................

Hairtrigger 03-15-2014 05:30 PM

I like Heavy Metal from the Sturgis Coffee Company.
The Sturgis Chamber of Commerce gave samples away at the SHOT show and I have purchased it online ever since
http://www.sturgiscoffeecompany.com/store/
Well worth the price with shipping