Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Coffee... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/coffee-41796/)

LONGHAIR 04-26-2011 10:54 PM

Coffee...

They say Coffee is going up 12%...It's already crazy in price...I drink a cup every morning but I'm starting to drink soda more and soda is not good for you...Starbucks wants $3.00 dollars a cup already...You think gas is bad at $4.00 dollars a gallon.......:mad:

LONGHAIR 04-26-2011 11:03 PM

Does anybody Percolate their coffee anymore??...I like mine with sugar only...

BlindOldMan 04-26-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 493866)
They say Coffee is going up 12%...It's already crazy in price...I drink a cup every morning but I'm starting to drink soda more and soda is not good for you...Starbucks wants $3.00 dollars a cup already...You think gas is bad at $4.00 dollars a gallon.......:mad:

I drink a carafe every morning :O... Coffee prices are hitting me. I don't go to Starbucks often, usually just make my own. You can get a bag of Peets or even Starbucks whole bean for around $10. That's enough to make thirty or so cups. Just need hot water and creamer..

Hairtrigger 04-26-2011 11:13 PM

Both are still way cheeper than printer ink :)

Gordo323 04-26-2011 11:18 PM

I hate Starbucks, but I travel alot and they have taken over every airport in the USA.But I gotta have my coffee.
When home I still use a Sunbeam percolater, filled with Folgers Black Silk.
Camp coffee is still the best, no matter what brand :)

Bigcountry02 04-26-2011 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 493866)

Scary to say this; but, I drink almost 1 to 2 pots of a day! No Starbucks coffee (not paying the price). :D (Love coffee); but, do not love the raise in price for coffee.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordo323 (Post 493875)
I hate Starbucks, but I travel alot and they have taken over every airport in the USA.But I gotta have my coffee.
When home I still use a Sunbeam percolater, filled with Folgers Black Silk.
Camp coffee is still the best, no matter what brand :)

I usually get the Sunday and during week advertisement and sometimes has $1.00 coupon for Folgers plastic can of coffee! It helps cut the cost! Worst part is decaf is climbing higher than regular coffee!

Hairtrigger 04-27-2011 01:24 AM

I have received free samples of coffee from Sturgis Coffee at the SHOT show.
Fast became my favorite!
Special Dark Heavy Metal - Sturgis Coffee Company

Jesse17 04-27-2011 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordo323 (Post 493875)
I hate Starbucks, but I travel alot and they have taken over every airport in the USA.

If you're in the Midwest some of the airports have Caribou Coffee. I like it WAY better than Starbucks.

I quit drinking pop almost two years ago (got to cheap to pay for it) and quit drinking alcohol a little over a year ago. So, I drink 2 - 3 pots of coffee a day now. From the time I get up, until I go to bed.

I buy the Seattle's Best (or San Francisco's Best something like that) French Roast at Costco. 3# for $12.99 IIRC.

lonyaeger 04-27-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesse17 (Post 493976)
If you're in the Midwest some of the airports have Caribou Coffee. I like it WAY better than Starbucks.

I quit drinking pop almost two years ago (got to cheap to pay for it) and quit drinking alcohol a little over a year ago. So, I drink 2 - 3 pots of coffee a day now. From the time I get up, until I go to bed.

I buy the Seattle's Best (or San Francisco's Best something like that) French Roast at Costco. 3# for $12.99 IIRC.

Costco's Kirkland brand 100% Colombian is GREAT coffee and I think it's only $11.99 for a 3-lb. can. I give it a big thumbs-up.

Durangokid 04-27-2011 01:53 AM

I agree on Coscos Kirkland great product. We are 100 miles from a Cosco but once a month we go down to Ogden, Utah. We pick up 4 cans.:D