Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Cody Green, Honorary Marine

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 04:31 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 386 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 582

Default Cody Green, Honorary Marine

http://www.inquisitr.com/256530/12-year-old-becomes-honorary-marine-before-death/

A 12-year-old boy from Indiana was granted a final wish before he lost his battle with leukemia. To become a member of the U.S. Marine Corps.

Cody Green of Lafayette, Indiana, was first diagnosed with leukemia at 22 months of age. He drew both inspiration and strength from the Marine Corps., and was able to fight his cancer into remission three times. Struggling against his disease for what would unfortunately become the final time, Cody was honored by the Marines who made him an honorary member of the United States Marine Corps. Cody even earned himself a pair of navigator wings from the corps which said that Cody had shown “strength and honor and courage” throughout his battle with the cancer.

“They decided Cody, with the strength and honor and courage he showed through the whole thing, he should be a Marine,” said Cody’s father, David Snowberger.

One Marine did even more for Cody. Sgt. Mark Dolfini stood guard at Cody’s hospital door for eight hours the night before he died. “Marines don’t do this sort of thing for acclaim,” explained Dolfini. “If we all just did something like that … just think of what an incredible legacy that would leave for Cody.”

Cody lost his battle when chemotherapy weakened his immune system, causing the cancer to attack his brain. “He never asked ‘Why Me,’ and fought the illness with grace and humility,” reads Cody’s obituary, “never complaining about his treatment or care, saying ‘Thank you,’ to the many health care professionals that cared for him.”

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2012, 04:44 AM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20051 Times on 11404 Posts
Likes Given: 50589

that is awesome to read. sad that the boy died, but them to make him an honorary Marine is just amazing.

Old 06-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #3

Liked 1038 Times on 613 Posts
Likes Given: 319

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_blue79 View Post
I posted that on another forum I'm on and look at the reaction I got:

http://www.fordtruckclub.net/forum/showthread.php?p=62073#post62073

Personally I think it's very nice, shows nice character and that people still do have kind hearts.
That guy on the other forum just has no heart at all.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 06-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #4

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm kinda divided on this. Ya the kid showed strength and courage beyond the born yet the guy on FTC has a valid point also to my way of thinking.