Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Coast Guard fires on boat in the Potomac?? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/coast-guard-fires-boat-potomac-17932/)

canebrake 09-11-2009 02:21 PM

Coast Guard fires on boat in the Potomac??

Coast Guard fires on boat in the Potomac??

The U.S. Coast Guard has fired on a suspicious boat in Washington DC's Potomac River, CNN has reported.

The incident came as Americans mourned the eighth anniversary of the September 11 attacks on the Pentagon and the World Trade Center in New York today.

The Coast Guard tried to contact boat, believed to be a recreational boat. However there was no radio response.

The decision was then made to fire on the boat. It is believed that ten rounds were fired on the boat.

The Potomac River flows past many of Washington's greatest attractions, including the Kennedy Center and the Washington Monument.

feedsasquatch 09-11-2009 03:08 PM

Fox news is reporting that the CG claims that it was "just an exercise." With NO shots fired... I guess we'll find out for real in a couple days.

canebrake 09-11-2009 03:29 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Attachment 5866

Someone is Attachment 5867

Attachment 5868 Attachment 5869 Attachment 5870

gorknoids 09-11-2009 04:13 PM

Yet the press is calling for an apology.

IGETEVEN 09-11-2009 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gorknoids (Post 158235)
Yet the press is calling for an apology.

They (press) are grilling the Coast Guard's boats Commander on Fox news. All this mess was started because someone heard an open radio transmission of someone saying "bang, bang." during the exercise to simulate "gotcha" If I was him I would given orders to comment, for the whole damn bunch to go "piss up a rope" they are training, serving and protecting the people, city and river front, it's their job, what the hell is the problem? How god damn annoying and pestering can the press be? :mad:

P.S. I am not mad at you Gorknoids, just venting.

Jack

meek 09-11-2009 04:30 PM

The press is the problem. Non stories get turned into entertainment then recycling it to us so we buy more crap we don't need from companies that most of us feel are morally banckrupt. We allowed it to get to this point and now the juggernaut is unstoppable. Press is entertainment not news.

tomharkness 09-11-2009 04:33 PM

Right now the Democrats are hard at work trying to force a change in command with the U.S. Coast Guard by making a federal case out of a training exercise. This is an obvious attempt by the Democrats and Obama to draw attention away from their stupid flyover of New York. My guess is that they have a person in mind for that position that will help open our waterways to a much easier attack from Islamofascist terrorist.

cpttango30 09-11-2009 04:57 PM

I bet it was real and they are just saying it was fake.

Get ready for the tinfoil to go on sale very soon.....

CA357 09-11-2009 05:37 PM

I have lots of tinfoil stocked up. But I also have some kevlar. ;)

Robert NC 09-12-2009 12:16 AM

Know they train alot, but, would they be training at that location on this day with the tension??????