Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > CNN's Piers Morgan Goes on a Shooting Rampage in Texas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #51
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 621 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Manta, I know we've been harping on you, but that's just cuz we're so American, don't take it personally

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY

Old 02-09-2013, 05:46 PM   #52

Liked 257 Times on 183 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Manta, I know we've been harping on you, but that's just cuz we're so American, don't take it personally
No problem i am happy to exchange views. I like views from other countries on their experiences of firearms law and order etc PS It does irritate me when a person posted that where i live is a dump especially if they are not educated enough know the difference between the republic of Ireland and northern Ireland.

Last edited by manta; 02-09-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Old 02-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #53

Liked 16 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta

No i have managed 50 years without being attacked so on my list of priorities carrying a firearm is low. That makes me wonder as you have pointed out the crime rate is lower in America than the uk why do so many Americans feel the need to carry firearms.

The were in the house i bought if they were not i wouldn't of fitted them.

Before i am asked do i wear a seat belt the answer is yes. For two reasons one its illegal not to here and the odds of being involved in a car crash are a lot higher than being shot at. And there used to be a lot of bullets flying around here.
Out crime rate is lower because we have the right to carry. Australia list their rights to bear arms and their crime rate went through the roof.

RagenFlac

-Gun control is sighting up your target and hitting the mark on your first shot.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:25 PM   #54

Quote:
Out crime rate is lower because we have the right to carry.
Yes its a pity your murder rate is a lot higher.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #55

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta

Yes its a pity your murder rate is a lot higher.
It's interesting that you say that. Yes our Murder rate is higher than the UK but if you look at more than just what's in front of you then you'll see that over the last hundred years our murder rate has decreased vs. the UK's murder rate has rapidly climbed higher.

This video sums it up nicely.

This guy has suddenly become one of my favorite YouTubers.

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-

Old 02-13-2013, 04:54 PM   #56
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 210 Times on 168 Posts
Likes Given: 116

This is my opinion and my opinion only:

Attention all non-Americans. Thank you so much for your concern regarding our violent crime and death by firearms rates as well as your opinions on how "you" believe our country would be safer or better with suggestions on changes to "our" bill or rights and constitution.

Thanks, but we got this...

Last edited by drvsafe; 02-13-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:16 PM   #57

Quote:
you" believe our country would be safer or better with suggestions on changes to "our" bill or rights and constitution
I don't think America would be safer with any chances to your rights and constitution.

Quote:
It's interesting that you say that. Yes our Murder rate is higher than the UK but if you look at more than just what's in front of you then you'll see that over the last hundred years our murder rate has decreased vs. the UK's murder rate has rapidly climbed higher
Quote. UK Annual crime figures show that the homicide rate has fallen steeply over the last decade, from a high in 2002 when 172 deaths were identified as likely to have been caused by the family GP Dr Harold Shipman.

Last edited by manta; 02-13-2013 at 05:20 PM.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #58

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Basically, the problem is not the laws or the weapons, it's the people. People now days are getting more and more selfish, lazy, and just plain mean. People need to start spending more time appreciating each other and what we have. Especially our families. We need to get our priorities straight. And this is a problem all around the world.

Nate from WV, live in NC

People Like This 
Old 02-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #59

Liked 77 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate882004 View Post
Basically, the problem is not the laws or the weapons, it's the people. People now days are getting more and more selfish, lazy, and just plain mean. People need to start spending more time appreciating each other and what we have. Especially our families. We need to get our priorities straight. And this is a problem all around the world.
It's not hard to see that. I mean when you have 11 states that have more people on entitlement programs then you have people working in the private sector, there's an issue. Last I heard was for every one person working they are not only supporting their own family but also close to 2 other people. I understand that some people need help. And I'm always willing to help. But with how it is right now, I know that there has to be another way. I don't think the government should help. Communities should be who help. Then at least we know who we're helping. Much like here on FTF, need help? I'm sure someone here will help you. As long as you've shown that you're worth helping. at least that's just MHO.

If you've got one foot in yesterday, and the other in tomorrow, than you're pissing on today.
-unknown-

eldarbeast Likes This