Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Cmp

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Cmp

I'm thinking about getting a M1 Gurand from the Civilian Marksmanship Program. I have my DD-214 and also a member of the NRA and The Texas Rifle Ass. Is there anything else I need to get? What are your feelings on ordering a gun from them or would it be worth going and picking one out? Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2008, 11:21 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/eligibility_requirements.htm

Know alot of people who have got firearms from them with no problems. Plan on getting a few from them myself

Old 01-19-2008, 08:35 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

The CMP is the best way to purchase Garands or Carbines. Look at the prices from other vendors. The CMP is far and away the best source.

9x18=Makarov

Old 01-21-2008, 01:22 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxhw View Post
I'm thinking about getting a M1 Gurand from the Civilian Marksmanship Program. I have my DD-214 and also a member of the NRA and The Texas Rifle Ass. Is there anything else I need to get? What are your feelings on ordering a gun from them or would it be worth going and picking one out? Thanks
Pick the grade you want, they are very accurate in the descriptions. The drive from Galveston (at $3 and climbing a gallon) or the plane ticket plus ground transpo would more than exceed the difference of any "upgrades" you would want to make on it (eg a entire new set of furniture). Have seen several CMP rifles, don't think you can go wrong for the price.
Good luck