Classic Country Thread. - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Classic Country Thread.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 01:23 AM   #71
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 124 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 235

Boy named Sue....Country boy can servive....

Old 06-26-2013, 01:25 AM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1215 Times on 682 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Gator, never heard of her before, but she does sound good and definately has a classic country sound. thanks for sharing.
I primarily listen to three channels on satellite radio, The Patriot channel, Willie's Roadhouse and Outlaw Country. I heard Yvette Landry on Outlaw Country.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #73
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatoragn View Post
I primarily listen to three channels on satellite radio, The Patriot channel, Willie's Roadhouse and Outlaw Country. I heard Yvette Landry on Outlaw Country.
i just found her on Spotify. she's got two albums out. the first one came out in 2010.

Old 06-26-2013, 03:49 AM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Lacy J. Dalton

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 06-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #75

Liked 748 Times on 414 Posts
Likes Given: 1535

Default Finding NEW talent...

The problem is that music today has been American-Idol-ised to the point of status-quo complacency.... There is hardly any new outlet to find talent out there anymore. I often wonder what those morons on the panels of those "talent" shows would say to an unknown Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Kitty Wells or Del McCoury... or the Beatles or The Who for that matter !!!

These days when the mass media outlets (Idol, Voice, Spin & Rolling Stone being the leading offenders) call an artist "the next big thing"... Guess what?? They are wrong!! No matter how much that "artist" is pushed on the public. They never see the next big thing whether it's Elvis, the Beatles, the Clash, Dwight Yoakam or Nirvana... they are always clueless!! The good news is that those artist usually appear when the music scene has built up to a certain bull$h*t level like we are at now.... So keep your eyes peeled!!

In the meantime... Here's one of my favorite Bluegrass artist doing my favorite version of a great Richard Thompson song;

Motorcycles, redhead girls, an outlaw and bluegrass!!
Old 06-27-2013, 02:02 AM   #76

Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings. many years ago they were considered outlaw country, but for me now today, i would classify them as classic country. even as much as my father was more tuned to classic country, with the likes of Patsy Cline, Hank Williams Sr., Lorretta Lynn and George Jones, he still liked listening to Willie and Waylon. kind of hard of to picture my father being into outlaw country! years later he even started liking Hank Williams Jr. as well.

Old 06-27-2013, 02:36 AM   #77
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1007 Times on 599 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings. many years ago they were considered outlaw country, but for me now today, i would classify them as classic country. even as much as my father was more tuned to classic country, with the likes of Patsy Cline, Hank Williams Sr., Lorretta Lynn and George Jones, he still liked listening to Willie and Waylon. kind of hard of to picture my father being into outlaw country! years later he even started liking Hank Williams Jr. as well.
If I remember right the outlaw thing with Waylon and Willie had more to do with disagreements with the Nashville bigshots, and they and some others began recording their music in Muscle Shoals Alabama to get away from Nashville. Of course the drugs and electric guitars had something to do with it too!

Waylon is probably my all time favorite, but some others come close.
Old 06-27-2013, 03:25 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post
If I remember right the outlaw thing with Waylon and Willie had more to do with disagreements with the Nashville bigshots, and they and some others began recording their music in Muscle Shoals Alabama to get away from Nashville. Of course the drugs and electric guitars had something to do with it too!

Waylon is probably my all time favorite, but some others come close.
in the beginning, that was a big part of what started the outlaw country movement. that the Nashville bigwigs wanted them to play a certain style of music and they wanted to play what appealed to them.
Old 06-27-2013, 07:29 AM   #79
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 987 Times on 652 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

For my Lady Steel and the special women in our lives old timers...

Waylon Sweet Dream Woman....

Become steel or get cut.
NC1760 Likes This 
Old 06-27-2013, 09:47 AM   #80

Liked 748 Times on 414 Posts
Likes Given: 1535

Default One not mentioned yet...

LOVE Willie, Waylon and all the music tied to those two!!
Anyhoo.... Has anyone mentioned Jerry Reed ??? I saw him perform at our State Fair when I was a kid. MAN could that man play guitar!!... Here's one of his;

..and of course, he got his BIG break playing on the Glen Campbell show;

Last edited by NC1760; 06-27-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Steel_Talon Likes This