Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > City Ordinance: Spay Neuter Your Animal

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 04:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default City Ordinance: Spay Neuter Your Animal

Now this is going a bit too far!

I have 2 birddogs. The city says I have to snip the goods on both of them to prevent un-wanted breeding.. I told aminal control to take a hike. I'm a responsible owner, my dogs are pure breds, don't run loose, have their own health plan, have city licenses, and field titles.

Spay and neutering is fine for a lap dog, but a hunting dog needs the hormones to develop muscle mass, joints, cartlidge, organs, and bone growth. This is a minimum of 24 months of age. I didn't plan on breeding anyway but for the city to tell me I need to have this done asap or be fined or animals confiscated is horse hockey!

I called my councilman and suggested the city start to spay and neuter every welfare recipient and all their kids to prevent prolific breeding and a waste of my tax payer dollars. Plus, this blight on society are the ones without licensed animals, are irresponsible owners, don't have their animals current with immunizations and are the main cause of animals in the shelter.

I wound up having to get a hobby breeder permit even though I'm not a breeder...................................... ......markerdown

USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-29-2009, 05:11 PM   #2

Liked 293 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 25

How much that Hobby Breeder Permit cost?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

It is sad that the irresponsibility of our fellow citizens (+ illegal aliens) has led to such a law. I would be very unhappy in your place. I hope such laws will eventually lead to their promised results, fewer strays and such, but i'm not holding my breath.

I have heard far too many of my friends talk about land owner warnings to shoot any uncollared dogs in the hunting area. Some people shouldn't own dogs.

Old 09-29-2009, 07:03 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Yeah, it's bureaucratic, one size fits all crap.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 09-29-2009, 09:46 PM   #5

Yeah, any animal 4 months old, has to be spay/neutered or you get a $1K fine or 6 months inthe county jail. The permit I got cost me $50, then to renew the dog liscenses was another $25 per dog. One guy called it a hobby breeder permit, the other a "pet fancier permit". I called it a freakin rip-off.

I still couldn't see in writing where it says they get to keep their privates.
Just as long as the city milked another honest tax payer for the cash is what this is all about. The inner city trash or the illegals don't give a crap and just get another dog at the swap meet for $10. .............markerdown

USAF, Retired .. "From My Cold Dead Hands!"

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." ........ Edward R. Murrow

Old 09-30-2009, 12:21 AM   #6
bkt

Liked 1304 Times on 663 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Suggest to the city councilman that he lead by example and snip himself.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:39 AM   #7
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1695 Times on 967 Posts
Likes Given: 3460

Albuquerque does the same for dogs in the city limits! Charge to renew standard dog license is $6.00 per animal. Albuquerque limits animals to 4 dogs and 2 cats per household. Rio Rancho has a 5 dog limit! The renewal for the breeder's permit is the same $150.00 per year.

Intact Companion Animal Permit (ICAP)
Annual permitting for a dog or cat over the age of six months that has not been neutered or spayed.
$150.00/per animal/year

Litter permit
Permit, good for six months from date of issue, that must be obtained within one week after the birth of the litter. A Household is limited to no more than four Litter Permits in any consecutive 12 month period and no more than one Litter Permit per female Companion Animal in any consecutive 12 month period.
$150.00/litter

And the different type of charges goes on and on!

Damn Revenue, pocket pickers!

Old 09-30-2009, 05:27 AM   #8

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by markerdown View Post
I called my councilman and suggested the city start to spay and neuter every welfare recipient and all their kids to prevent prolific breeding and a waste of my tax payer dollars. Plus, this blight on society are the ones without licensed animals, are irresponsible owners, don't have their animals current with immunizations and are the main cause of animals in the shelter.
Oh please tell me you actually did this. Man, the look on their face would be priceless.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 09-30-2009, 07:04 AM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

That's a bunch of frickin horsepuckey!!!

Old 09-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by markerdown View Post
Just as long as the city milked another honest tax payer for the cash is what this is all about. The inner city trash or the illegals don't give a crap and just get another dog at the swap meet for $10. .............markerdown
I bleve i see a similarity to gun control laws there. Irresponsiblity of the few screws the responsible owners out of their freedoms through the law.