Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   The Cigar Thread (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/cigar-thread-14384/)

gregs887 06-01-2009 05:36 AM

The Cigar Thread

Anyone else here into cigars? I don't smoke often, but I do enjoy burning one occasionally. Just fished off a nice Arturo Fuente. What do y'all smoke?

Seal 06-01-2009 07:45 AM

I usually go with some variety of Cao when I pick up a cigar. I'm not much of a cigar smoker either though, but I do enjoy some American Spirits.

feedsasquatch 06-01-2009 03:29 PM

Not into cigars anymore, but I do smoke a pipe every night. Pipe tobacco is so much more affordable, and enjoyable!

suprdave 06-01-2009 05:10 PM

CAO Earth Nectar. My favorite.

If you ever go out of the country, get yourself a Montecristo. Cubans really are the best.

Kishido 06-01-2009 05:39 PM

I used to smoke cigars and pipe but quit smoking altogether about eight years ago. You guys that can smoke a cigar here and there or maybe a bowl of tobacco now and then amaze me. For me, if a little is good a whole lot is way better, so for the sake of my health I just stay away from it.

sure do miss the pipe sometimes though:o

matt g 06-01-2009 07:40 PM

My favorites: La Flor de Cano Petit Coronas - Puroexpress Cuban Cigars

You've got to be quick to order them, because they sell out as soon as they come back in stock. They're inexpensive as hell, especially considering that they're Cubanos, but they carry delicious vanilla and floral notes with a slight leather overtone.

They're a little on the mild side though, so if you're looking for a hearty smoke they might not be for you. At less than $2.75 per stick, what do you have to lose?

Minionsram 06-01-2009 11:20 PM

:I really like the ones from the Drew estate, 1500cc, kuba-kuba, and tea infusion.

Rocky Patel is high on my favorites with the 1992 Vintage, Fusion, and Edge maduro

I do enjoy a Cao every once and a while, Had a Greycliff "shaggyfoot" not too long ago and it was slammin':)

hydrashok 06-02-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregs887 (Post 111577)
Anyone else here into cigars? I don't smoke often, but I do enjoy burning one occasionally. Just fished off a nice Arturo Fuente. What do y'all smoke?

Rocky Patel's are my absolute favorite!

Victor St Claire is a close second

Followed by Vega 5

...and when I'm in a pinch, I'll settle for a Cuesta Rey.

hydrashok 06-02-2009 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minionsram (Post 111838)
:I really like the ones from the Drew estate, 1500cc, kuba-kuba, and tea infusion.

Rocky Patel is high on my favorites with the 1992 Vintage, Fusion, and Edge maduro

I do enjoy a Cao every once and a while, Had a Greycliff "shaggyfoot" not too long ago and it was slammin':)

I had a Legends Purple Label... which is Cigar International's Greycliff "seconds". It was decent, but it wasn't a Rocky.

...nor was it a "finger-burner"....

A friend of mine gave me his band last night and told me I should match it up off of CigarBid... he was smoking a CAO "Criollo"... can't wait to try it.

Minionsram 06-02-2009 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hydrashok (Post 111862)
I had a Legends Purple Label... which is Cigar International's Greycliff "seconds". It was decent, but it wasn't a Rocky.

...nor was it a "finger-burner"....

A friend of mine gave me his band last night and told me I should match it up off of CigarBid... he was smoking a CAO "Criollo"... can't wait to try it.

I have had a few Cigars.com blue lables that are great! cheaper too!

Have you tried the Nub's cigars, they are very good!