Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   CHRISTMAS TREE..LIVE or FAKE or NONE... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/christmas-tree-live-fake-none-52521/)

LONGHAIR 11-27-2011 05:32 AM

CHRISTMAS TREE..LIVE or FAKE or NONE...

I'm not putting-up a tree with no kids in the house,my be a Reath on the door,but thats about-it...Anybody use those Fake three's with the color coated wire limbs,..Them are a pain-in the ass...I don't do lights out-side either...I guess I'm Scrooge...What do you use ???....

Axxe55 11-27-2011 05:35 AM

we have a fake one that is about 3 1/2 feet tall, but i much prefer live ones. they smell much better. use to do the lights on the house thing when i was married to my second wife, had to go by her house a couple of months ago, the lights i put up over 12 years ago are still up!

trip286 11-27-2011 06:02 AM

I'll be using a 4 foot phony, prelit. It's what I have laying around.

CGO 11-27-2011 11:51 AM

No tree
There no grandkids here to put one up. I put a few decorations around the inside of the house.

AcidFlashGordon 11-27-2011 12:07 PM

None. I live alone. No wife (divorced). No kids. Mom passed away last year. Dad has Alzheimer's. Christmas isn't the same for me any more. Depressing, I know, but sometimes life just sucks at certain times of the year.

Rick1967 11-27-2011 12:39 PM

Fake tree. I let my 13 year old son put it up last night. We all decorated it together.

Bigdog57 11-27-2011 12:40 PM

None. I have boycotted "Christmas" for the last five years or so, as it's just become too totally commercialized. Being a lifelong batchelor makes it an easy decision. I honor the original reason for the Holy Day, but that's as far asI go.

Bah Humbug...... ;)

PanBaccha 11-27-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LONGHAIR (Post 636811)
I'm not putting-up a tree with no kids in the house,my be a Reath on the door,but thats about-it...Anybody use those Fake three's with the color coated wire limbs,..Them are a pain-in the ass...I don't do lights out-side either...I guess I'm Scrooge...What do you use ???....

I guess I fall into that same category myself. Having lost three sons
Christmas will never be the same for me. And what with our beloved
country being systematically raped by corporate power and their
bought political hacks, I have no alternative but to go 'within' and
find my old friend Christ, and squeeze whatever blessing I can from it.
But to everyone else a joyeous Christmas is extended to you all.

vincent 11-27-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon (Post 636919)
None. I live alone. No wife (divorced). No kids. Mom passed away last year. Dad has Alzheimer's. Christmas isn't the same for me any more. Depressing, I know, but sometimes life just sucks at certain times of the year.

Wow, eerily similar to my situation. Can't wait for the holidays to be over.

mmcmsse9 11-27-2011 01:24 PM

Canít help it, when this time of year comes around I still get excited. Even though both my parents are gone; my wife mother is hanging on by a thread. Her father left when she was very young. My daughter is with her husband are stationed in Japan, my son is in Germany working for a steel company and just found out that he may be able to get back to the states for Christmas.

I will be 60 in January and I still put double icicle lights around roof, bush lights, lighting snowflakes on the fence, lighted deer in the yard, and a Christmas music box out front. We put up six trees in the home, combination of live and artificial.

I know it all sounds very commercial, but I do thank God everyday for all his blessings and take great joy in celebrating his birth!