Christmas Shopping - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Christmas Shopping

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 01:50 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have none to do. My Mom is gone and my Dad's mental state is such that he's not always "there." Alzheimer's does terrible things to ones' mind. My other relatives are scattered all over the U.S. and I've not had contact with most of them for 10 or more years. So this year, the 5 days off I have in conjunction with Christmas will be spent being a reclusive vegetable in my apartment.

I haven't cared much for holidays for the last 15 or so years so one day, to me, is no different than the rest.

Old 11-30-2010, 12:00 PM   #12
CGO

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 47

This year I'm sending money to the grandkids and that's it. Last time I sent box's to CA through the mail they were late and messed up by the time they got there. I sent them off in the middle of Nov. I was .

Old 11-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #13

Liked 40 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post

I get the 3 frontal assaults:

1. Wife's Birthday
2. Wedding Anniversary
3. Christmas

Bigcountry,

I get the same hit each year also... Wife's Birthday on the 9th, Christmas on the 25th and our Wedding Anniversary on the 30th. The married Trifecta.

Scubie

Old 12-01-2010, 12:50 AM   #14

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post
I have none to do. My Mom is gone and my Dad's mental state is such that he's not always "there." Alzheimer's does terrible things to ones' mind. My other relatives are scattered all over the U.S. and I've not had contact with most of them for 10 or more years. So this year, the 5 days off I have in conjunction with Christmas will be spent being a reclusive vegetable in my apartment.

I haven't cared much for holidays for the last 15 or so years so one day, to me, is no different than the rest.

Feel for ya, flash. My dad had Alzheimers too and it's an awful disease, particularly in its latter stages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 12-01-2010, 01:41 AM   #15

Liked 34 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Haven't started, haven't a clue ( like that's new)!! I'll probably get everything before heading to California!! No sales tax here!

Old 12-01-2010, 04:49 AM   #16
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8931 Times on 5344 Posts
Likes Given: 11932

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidFlashGordon View Post

AFG, I hated the holidays, too, for many years. My Mom died in late November in 1994 and I just trudged along for the sake of the kids after that. Now I have a grandchild and the holidays have new meaning for me.
But it wouldn't bother me one bit to sit alone on any holiday. This past Thanksgiving I had nothing to do as the kids went to their dad's for Thanksgiviing (I've been divorced for 17 years). Didn't bother me one bit.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:05 AM   #17

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Everybody I know either needs nothing or $50,000. I don't have the 50k but got lots of nothing. The Lovely Mrs just said "Let's get no Christmas presents this year". I'll probably get her some .45 ammo.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:44 AM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Well i guess i am the odd one out in this thread too. We finished up our shopping before Thanksgiving. It is the earliest we have ever gotten it knocked out. I have two little ones, an almost 3 year old little girl, and a 7 year old boy. They are at a fun age for Christmas. My wife an i agreed not to get each other anything... but i lied and already broke my promise! So I am ALL DONE!!!!

Old 12-01-2010, 11:40 AM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I bought this for my daughter:

Christmas Shopping - The Club House

But then I decided that it was too pretty...(I LOVE the case hardening),
so I'm keeping it for myself. :P

Don't worry...
I bought this for her instead;

Christmas Shopping - The Club House

Old 12-01-2010, 12:07 PM   #20

Liked 29 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Got 13 year old grandson a 410 with wood carving done by a personal friend of 30 + years! He will remember it always. Got one granddaughter (she is 6) a Red Ryder Daisy BB gun and still have two more left! I am sure I will find something they can shoot before I quit!! Went to Wally World on the way home yesterday and got the BB gun, couple of boxes 410 shells, another shotgun and a gallon of milk. Went home with it all after about 15 minutes. God I love Texas and the US of A. We are fortunate to be here and exercise the privileges of citizenship in the greatest country in the world!!! JMHO!!