Christmas Shopping
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Christmas Shopping

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 01:53 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Christmas Shopping

Anyone else started on their Christmas shopping yet? I've worked out a few gifts already, I'm getting my mum a nice necklace, my brothers (who turned 18 this year) engaved hip flasks and I'm also paying for the first year of their firearm licences, and for my dad I'm waiting on a reply from Australian Customs on the legality of importing one of Randy's knives.
148539_1336561513577_1817295265_673981_6475899_n.jpg

The present I'm getting my girlfriend does not belong in the Club House

What gifts are you guys planning on giving??

Last edited by AusLach; 12-19-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-27-2010, 02:23 AM   #2
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1908 Times on 1103 Posts
Likes Given: 3902

The wife thnigs I only purchased 1 blackpowder pistol, I ordered a second for her to shoot! There are other gifts in the planning mode, necklace and earrings.

The anniversary is a paintings of Venice, price was very good!

I get the 3 frontal assaults:

1. Wife's Birthday
2. Wedding Anniversary
3. Christmas

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 11-27-2010 at 02:25 AM.

Old 11-27-2010, 02:32 AM   #3

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
The wife thnigs I only purchased 1 blackpowder pistol, I ordered a second for her to shoot! There are other gifts in the planning mode, necklace and earrings.

The anniversary is a paintings of Venice, price was very good!

I get the 3 frontal assaults:

1. Wife's Birthday
2. Wedding Anniversary
3. Christmas
Ha that's great Big, It'd be nice to be able to give her the gift but still be able to use it yourself! Does your missus shoot much? Mine won't hunt or shoot the centrefires, she definitely comes with me to sight in the .17 but, she's a mean shot too...

I'm exactly the same on the three fronts, except I'm not quite at the stage of wedding anniversary yet; just when we started dating.. At least we don't have to worry about gifts for the rest of the year

Old 11-27-2010, 02:55 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8850 Times on 3832 Posts
Likes Given: 1380

I give the kids money (not always the right size, but it is always the right color) One grandson collects knives- have a couple I have picked up for him over the summer. Other grandson (the lefty) gets an older Remington 241- ejects out the bottom. Granddaughter (anarchist in training) gets her adictions fed- couple of bricks of 22 ammo, gift card for Barnes and Noble bookstore, trip to the range (she is going to get a 20 g for her birthday this year, and an intro to clay pigeons)

For my lady? Simple. Jewelry. And if any of you has a lady that complains about your buying guns, you are not buying enuff jewelry.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 11-27-2010, 03:07 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 375

no clue what to get the wife. prolly something for her horse.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 11-27-2010, 03:49 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

We won't be exchanging gifts this year. We rarely do. If one of us wants something and it's in the budget, we buy it. I know it's not festive, but it sure saves a lot of headaches and no Christmas shopping madness.

But...

To prove I'm a sensitive guy, I'm buying my buddy a Vaughn rigging axe since his was lost somewhere.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 11-27-2010, 04:20 AM   #7
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1908 Times on 1103 Posts
Likes Given: 3902

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post
Ha that's great Big, It'd be nice to be able to give her the gift but still be able to use it yourself! Does your missus shoot much? Mine won't hunt or shoot the centrefires, she definitely comes with me to sight in the .17 but, she's a mean shot too...

I'm exactly the same on the three fronts, except I'm not quite at the stage of wedding anniversary yet; just when we started dating.. At least we don't have to worry about gifts for the rest of the year
Yep! When range time, pending the house dutii go to the range.es and other necessary tasks have been completed. She fires alot, only when

I have witness the poor destruction of a target by her shooting the 357 S&W, I have witness the usage of over 300 plus rounds from the S&W. I picked up a Ruger Charger .22LR, after adding a scope and range time, she got a chance to fire and I am only allowed to clean it (nothing else ).

I got my anniversary present early - It is a one year membership at the local range!

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 11-27-2010 at 04:22 AM.

Old 11-29-2010, 10:57 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusLach View Post

Aw that's a shame! You should try and steer her into trying something in .223 at least...just tell her it has a 'satisfying amount of recoil'

Don't really get into the gift-giving thing much myself. No partner, and my mother only ever asks for "peace and quiet"...though I do usually end up getting her something, against the inevitable protestations heh.

Illigitimi Non Carborundum - Don't let the bastards grind you down

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Yes, at WalMart, you can pick up a gun, ammo, ski mask and your antidepressants all in one trip. Darn convenient if you ask me...:D

Old 11-29-2010, 11:22 PM   #9

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
To prove I'm a sensitive guy, I'm buying my buddy a Vaughn rigging axe since his was lost somewhere.
I found it! Just use the money to get me something else. I don't need two axes.

Old 11-30-2010, 01:35 AM   #10

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

I am done with the purchase of a few minor things. Small Christmas in the tango house. I got the family a Black Wii and a bunch of games.