Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Christmas Shopping (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/christmas-shopping-34825/)

AusLach 11-27-2010 01:53 AM

Christmas Shopping

1 Attachment(s)
Anyone else started on their Christmas shopping yet? I've worked out a few gifts already, I'm getting my mum a nice necklace, my brothers (who turned 18 this year) engaved hip flasks and I'm also paying for the first year of their firearm licences, and for my dad I'm waiting on a reply from Australian Customs on the legality of importing one of Randy's knives.
Attachment 22081

The present I'm getting my girlfriend does not belong in the Club House :D;):p

What gifts are you guys planning on giving??

Bigcountry02 11-27-2010 02:23 AM

The wife thnigs I only purchased 1 blackpowder pistol, I ordered a second for her to shoot! There are other gifts in the planning mode, necklace and earrings.

The anniversary is a paintings of Venice, price was very good!

I get the 3 frontal assaults:

1. Wife's Birthday
2. Wedding Anniversary
3. Christmas

AusLach 11-27-2010 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 (Post 392654)
The wife thnigs I only purchased 1 blackpowder pistol, I ordered a second for her to shoot! There are other gifts in the planning mode, necklace and earrings.

The anniversary is a paintings of Venice, price was very good!

I get the 3 frontal assaults:

1. Wife's Birthday
2. Wedding Anniversary
3. Christmas

Ha that's great Big, It'd be nice to be able to give her the gift but still be able to use it yourself! Does your missus shoot much? Mine won't hunt or shoot the centrefires, she definitely comes with me to sight in the .17 but, she's a mean shot too...

I'm exactly the same on the three fronts, except I'm not quite at the stage of wedding anniversary yet; just when we started dating.. At least we don't have to worry about gifts for the rest of the year :D

c3shooter 11-27-2010 02:55 AM

I give the kids money (not always the right size, but it is always the right color) One grandson collects knives- have a couple I have picked up for him over the summer. Other grandson (the lefty) gets an older Remington 241- ejects out the bottom. Granddaughter (anarchist in training) gets her adictions fed- couple of bricks of 22 ammo, gift card for Barnes and Noble bookstore, trip to the range (she is going to get a 20 g for her birthday this year, and an intro to clay pigeons)

For my lady? Simple. Jewelry. And if any of you has a lady that complains about your buying guns, you are not buying enuff jewelry.

JonM 11-27-2010 03:07 AM

no clue what to get the wife. prolly something for her horse.

CA357 11-27-2010 03:49 AM

We won't be exchanging gifts this year. We rarely do. If one of us wants something and it's in the budget, we buy it. I know it's not festive, but it sure saves a lot of headaches and no Christmas shopping madness.

But...

To prove I'm a sensitive guy, I'm buying my buddy a Vaughn rigging axe since his was lost somewhere. :D

Bigcountry02 11-27-2010 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AusLach (Post 392660)
Ha that's great Big, It'd be nice to be able to give her the gift but still be able to use it yourself! Does your missus shoot much? Mine won't hunt or shoot the centrefires, she definitely comes with me to sight in the .17 but, she's a mean shot too...

I'm exactly the same on the three fronts, except I'm not quite at the stage of wedding anniversary yet; just when we started dating.. At least we don't have to worry about gifts for the rest of the year :D

Yep! When range time, pending the house dutii go to the range.es and other necessary tasks have been completed. She fires alot, only when

I have witness the poor destruction of a target by her shooting the 357 S&W, I have witness the usage of over 300 plus rounds from the S&W. I picked up a Ruger Charger .22LR, after adding a scope and range time, she got a chance to fire and I am only allowed to clean it (nothing else :().

I got my anniversary present early - It is a one year membership at the local range!

zhuk 11-29-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AusLach (Post 392660)

Aw that's a shame! You should try and steer her into trying something in .223 at least...just tell her it has a 'satisfying amount of recoil' :p

Don't really get into the gift-giving thing much myself. No partner, and my mother only ever asks for "peace and quiet"...though I do usually end up getting her something, against the inevitable protestations heh.

lonyaeger 11-29-2010 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA357 (Post 392709)
To prove I'm a sensitive guy, I'm buying my buddy a Vaughn rigging axe since his was lost somewhere. :D

I found it! Just use the money to get me something else. I don't need two axes.

cpttango30 11-30-2010 01:35 AM

I am done with the purchase of a few minor things. Small Christmas in the tango house. I got the family a Black Wii and a bunch of games.