Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Christmas Memory that will be hard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 02:34 AM   #1
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1807 Times on 1036 Posts
Likes Given: 3697

Default Christmas Memory that will be hard

Since this afternoon I have been emotional drained!

This afternoon we had to say goodbye to an old friend, after 4 years. She was about 12 years old, maybe older. She had some on-going medical problems that the vet has been treating since we adopted her. This afternoon we were going to the vet for a look at another medical; but, this morning she had either s stroke or seizure. Our female Australian Shepherd (Strudel) was near the kitchen where Sedona (Husky) always slept. I sensed something was not right.

Her gums were complete white (no pink), nose, ears, head and paws were very cold. She was not getting blood flow. After complete examination and from her past medical history; doc said any surgical procedure was out of the question.

The vet said she would not have been alive the next morning, she was suffering.

We had to put her to sleep, she closed her eyes, no movement at all.

She is at peace with Our Lord and other dog Rico, who we had to put to sleep at 18 years old in December 2008

She was family.

We will get her front paw prints in a mold as well as her ashes.

This Sedona beginning this year:

This is one of the last photo in the back yard, she loved the outdoors. She laid down before taking her to the vet, she was intendning on her last sleep:

Goodbye Sedona

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-21-2012, 02:38 AM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Sorry for your loss my friend. It's hard as hell. As a dog owner and lover myself I know how hard it can be. Live in the good memories and hang tough.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:43 AM   #3

Liked 67 Times on 46 Posts

Sorry to hear about your loss. Last year November 1st I had to put my ST. Bernard to sleep he also had white gums. And under his ears were also white. It was also his 3rd birthday. He was a youngin'. We missed my wife's grandfather viewing because we had to take him to the vet to be put down. I've never felt so horrible in my life.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:20 AM   #4
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Condolences brother!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #5
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1538 Times on 940 Posts
Likes Given: 7828

My condolences.

A dog becomes a major part of your life, Last summer, after 13 years of having her, my wife and I put down our golden retriever\collie mix Lady. My ex and I got her as a pup when we rescued her from some pretty deplorable conditions. The plan was to nurse her back to health, foster her for a while to evaluate her, and then find her a forever home. When the time came to give her up, we decided we couldn't. Fast forward a few years, the wife left, I got the dog.

My current wife and I both loved the dog deeply, she was especially close to my step-daughter. We all took it hard when we found out that Lady had cancer. On the day we had her put down, my ex had her husband watch her sons so she could be there at the end. Some people will never know how much a part of our lives our pets are. I pity them, they do not know what they are missing.

R.I.P. Sedona.

Lady. 1997 to 2011

100_1021.jpg  

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 12-21-2012, 06:54 AM   #6

Liked 2446 Times on 1393 Posts
Likes Given: 1911

Honor your friend by remembering it fondly...

Old 12-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #7

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I'm very sorry for your loss. It's very hard to lose a family member no matter if it's a dog or anything else. It took me a long time to get another dog after I lost my best friend Roxie the Talking Dog (yes, that was her full name). I guess it's easier for those folks that see an animal as just another possession. I'm glad I'm not one of those type of people though.
...Prayers outbound...

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 12-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #8
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6949 Times on 4180 Posts
Likes Given: 8353

I am so sorry for your loss. You did the most loving thing you could have done for your companion. I know it's hard to make that final decision but it is so much better than letting them suffer. Thank you for loving your dog enough to know when it's time to let go.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:45 AM   #9
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5876 Times on 2906 Posts
Likes Given: 6231

So sorry Big, hard anytime of the year, this particular time is for family and our dogs are certainly family of the finest kind. They love you no matter what and we cant help but feel the same way.

We sadly had to do the same with our 17 year old pound puppy, Cortland 9 months ago, 3 weeks before I lost my Mom.

Its gonna be a lonely Christmas without the two of them to hug but hopefully at some time, I can think of them the way I want to remember not the way I last saw them (Soon I hope)..

Peace be with you as it is now for your pup.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Sorry for your loss. Hard to lose good friends.

CEO of Gun Mouse Bore Cleaner
www.gunmouse.com
gunmouse4u@gmail.com

Thank you
Brian