Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Christmas gifts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default Christmas gifts

Did you guys get any fun gifts this year? Post pics of what you got ( if you got anything)

image-869149915.jpg

Mossberg 500

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-25-2012, 10:29 PM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Got a Nikon scope and base for my ruger super blackhawk. Anxious to get to the range to sight it in. First need to get some loc-tite for the screws.

forumrunner_20121225_182919.jpg

Dan

Old 12-25-2012, 11:20 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1155 Times on 566 Posts
Likes Given: 72

My daughter ordered a magazine for my Shield for me from Smith & Wesson. It is on back order. No idea when I will get it.

A bad day at the range is better then a good day on the job!

Old 12-26-2012, 02:19 AM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8375 Times on 3624 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

Well, my grandkids have just about got me figured out. Got a neat book (no joke!) Title is "Absinthe & Flamethrowers- Projects and Ruminations on the Art of Living Dangerously".

And this year I got to GIVE some nifty presents!

My shooting companion, the Anarchist-in-Training (16 yr old granddaughter) wanted a bow. Found her a nice beginner's compound bow in Candy Apple Red- her favorite color.

Her Mom got a crossbow and a Daisy Red Ryder- in pink!

But the best was my son-in-law elect- her fiancé. He is a Lt with the Sheriff's Dept- big boy- 6'6"- and I made him cry. No, really.

About 3 weeks ago during the Saturday night poker game and Liar's Contest, he was telling me about a shotgun his Dad had- how much he had loved that shotgun (which had been stolen) and how he had never seen another one like it- magazine fed bolt action 20 g, with an external choke. The plastic trigger guard had finger grooves in it.

I realized he was describing a Mossberg- probably a Model 185- and I had one sitting in the back of a safe. Metal about 95%, wood about 95%, but the finish had died on the wood. Stripped the stock with Formby's, refinished with Tung oil.

Christmas day, he opened a small heavy package- 20 g birdshot. When he looked at it, said "I don't have a 20 g- mine is a 12 g. " Said "Oh- right- open the closet behind you." Mossberg sitting there with a big tag on the trigger guard with his name on it.

Yep- Mossberg 185! Love it when that happens. Now I just have to go tape my ribs- 6'6" cops can hug really hard!

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 12-26-2012, 02:38 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's awesome c3, well done.

As far as a Christmas gift for us, we're living in it.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 12-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

My nephew had tipped me off that my dear sweet Mother was planning to give me a double-stack Bersa for Christmas. She got pretty close to the one i've been lusting after. I've been lusting after another Bersa Thunder .380 since mine went to my sister to replace her tiny, partially caramel-coated .25acp. Well, i opened a box Christmas morning to see a two-tone (flat nickel slide over black frame) Bersa Thunder 9 ultra compact pro with a pair of mags. It holds thirteen rounds of 9x19mm; with the wider choices in ammo types, i think it is a better package for carry. It's a bit bigger than its .380 sibling, but i think i could still pack it under my love luggage (considering a carry permit). I was very happy. I may pick up something tiny for summer carry, maybe a cw9.

It did have a scuff on the top of the slide that is significant enough for me to take it back for a swap-out. It came from typically over-priced Gander Mountain, so i don't feel the least bit bad about complaining about a scuff that doesn't affect function. Anybody done a firearms return/exchange at Gander lately?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

axxe55 Likes This