choosing a smart phone - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > choosing a smart phone

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 06:25 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 190 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Ok as a tech nerd I would say that if you own a Mac, iPod or iPad better to stick with the same ecosystem and get an iPhone.

If you do not then the choice is yours however DO NOT get a cheap Android phone you will really regret it.

The high end Androids are great but the low end ones are not worth any amount of money.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:27 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2446 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
I only have a laptop and a desk top computer. No tablets, ipads, etc. I probably wouldn't be putting music on it but I would definitely want wi-fi. After reading all this, maybe I'll just stick to my dumb phone. I don't even know what you guys are talking about. I don't know what a "cloud" is and I don't think I'd be able to 'sync my computer music to the cloud'. What the hell does THAT mean? But I do text a lot and I like my qwerty keyboard. Don't smart phones have touch screen keyboards? Yeah, maybe I'll just get another dumb phone.
Go talk to someone at the Apple store and ask them to show you how the IPhone works. They'll be happy to and once you see how easy it is you'll want one.

My dad can't even turn his laptop on by himself and yet uses an IPhone every day. He says it's easier than his computer. My 80 grandpa and 73 year old Grannie both use iPhones and love them.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Old 10-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #23

Liked 1624 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 2638

Quote:
Originally Posted by davva360 View Post
Ok as a tech nerd I would say that if you own a Mac, iPod or iPad better to St using myick with the same ecosystem and get an iPhone.

If you do not then the choice is yours however DO NOT get a cheap Android phone you will really regret it.

The high end Androids are great but the low end ones are not worth any amount of money.
One of the reasons I switched to Android is because I could not blue tooth a picture to my Macbook Air using my iPhone 4S. I often have to take pictures at work and transfer them to my computer. I can easily do that now.

Old 10-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2446 Times on 1341 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratrider View Post
One of the reasons I switched to Android is because I could not blue tooth a picture to my Macbook Air using my iPhone 4S. I often have to take pictures at work and transfer them to my computer. I can easily do that now.
You can do that very easily over your wifi network, you can even send multiple pictures at once. My Dad does it all the time when he uses his iphone camera on home inspections.

image-3330384685.jpg This is with the new update. Before you had to download a free app.

"...it is ...ALIVE!!!"

Last edited by DeltaF; 10-24-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #25
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8137 Times on 4868 Posts
Likes Given: 10465

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsp0t View Post
Do yourself a solid and at least speak to someone at your carriers store and educate yourself.

Once you make the switch and find the things that can assist you on a daily basis you'll wonder how you lived without it.

Wasn't it you who didn't like guns and such until you got a lil education on them? Well now look at ya!
Yes, that was me. Change is not easy for me and I often fret I won't be able to learn the new things. But I always do and you're right, then I wonder how I survived without my new 'thing'.

Old 10-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #26
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2059 Times on 1210 Posts
Likes Given: 4449

I for one will stay with my flip phone!

Do not own a tablet, nor do I have WiFi! I prefer the old school hard wired!

Old 10-24-2013, 08:32 PM   #27

Liked 440 Times on 277 Posts
Likes Given: 1330

iphone is the way to go simple to use good features and no need for anti virus,androids require antivirus and thats the main reason i have stuck with iphone from 4 to 4s to the 5 now.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:02 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5737 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I have an iphone. I held out a long time; I actually returned a previous model iphone that I was given. It does all the phone stuff well and can do additional "smart phone" stuff pretty well too. You might also like the "facetime" video chat function and some of the games and such available as "apps" that can be downloaded onto your iphone.

Whatever you get, get a good case for it.

Alternatively, you might like to keep your current "dumb phone" and get one of the apple ipads or another similar tablet to do the "smart phone" stuff that your "dumb phone" doesn't.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 PM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1098 Times on 668 Posts
Likes Given: 481

I moved from Berry (6yrs) to Droid Razor Max 2yrs ago. My wife and daughter have iPhones. The droid is a dual processor phone and is very powerful. From app speed, functionality, and memory to camera and video, the droid has been way out in front of iPhone. The iPhone is much easier to navigate however and they are catching up. Either way the good case recommendation is spot on...I like Otterbox.

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

Old 10-24-2013, 09:36 PM   #30
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8137 Times on 4868 Posts
Likes Given: 10465

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I have an iphone. I held out a long time; I actually returned a previous model iphone that I was given. It does all the phone stuff well and can do additional "smart phone" stuff pretty well too. You might also like the "facetime" video chat function and some of the games and such available as "apps" that can be downloaded onto your iphone.

Whatever you get, get a good case for it.

Alternatively, you might like to keep your current "dumb phone" and get one of the apple ipads or another similar tablet to do the "smart phone" stuff that your "dumb phone" doesn't.
Well, that's what I originally was going to do but then I figured why have two devices when I can have one that does both. And the iPads are bigger than an iPhone.

Would I need to be by a wi-fi to check out FTF when out and about. My logic tells me yes but I'm asking anyway.