Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Choices, Choices!

View Poll Results: Which Manufacturer Do I start With?
Ruger 4 16.00%
Smith & Wesson 6 24.00%
Glock 1 4.00%
Sig 7 28.00%
H&K 1 4.00%
Beretta 2 8.00%
Taurus 0 0%
Hi-Power 0 0%
Springfield 2 8.00%
Other 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #1
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7728 Times on 4461 Posts
Likes Given: 9975

Default Choices, Choices!

I am considering getting another .40 S&W handgun but I am not sure where to go so naturally I will ask all of you!

Here's the deal. I have three Glocks, all .40 cal. They are a G22, G22C and a G27. I have holsers for all of them and several accessories for the G22s (extra mags, after-market barrels, tritium sights, Laser-grip, etc, etc.,) and I just don't really care for them. The G27 is too damn small for my big hands and the G22s just don't appeal to me so much. I will probably retain one of them just because.... well, just because!!!

What should I narrow down the replacement to? I am a big Ruger fan, so that is on my list. I also have an S&W 4013- that is gonna go too (don't like it either) but maybe an M&P? Or Sig? Or what else do y'all think? I am posting a poll on this so please vote there and give your reasons why in your post.

I probably won't be pulling the trigger on this for several months, so there is plenty of time.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Last edited by Vikingdad; 09-26-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-26-2013, 04:19 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 599 Times on 358 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

I vote M&P...obviously. :-)

Expand your collection.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:23 AM   #3
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19822 Times on 11255 Posts
Likes Given: 49965

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I am considering getting another .40 S&W handgun but I am not sure where to go so naturally I will ask all of you!

Here's the deal. I have three Glocks, all .40 cal. They are a G22, G22C and a G27. I have holsers for all of them and several accessories for the G22s (extra mags, after-market barrels, tritium sights, Laser-grip, etc, etc.,) and I just don't really care for them. The G27 is too damn small for my big hands and the G22s just don't appeal to me so much. I will probably retain one of them just because.... well, just because!!!

What should I narrow down the replacement to? I am a big Ruger fan, so that is on my list. I also have an S&W 4013- that is gonna go too (don't like it either) but maybe an M&P? Or Sig? Or what else do y'all think? I am posting a poll on this so please vote there and give your reasons why in your post.

I probably won't be pulling the trigger on this for several months, so there is plenty of time.
man, oh man Vikingdad! there's lots of good choices in the 40 caliber markets! i am pretty sure you're going to get at least a hundred suggestions for pistols.

check out the SA XD and the XDm. i have the XDm40 and really like it. nice pistol and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

the S & W MP line of pistols. another one i was giving heavy consideration to when i bought my XDm40.

the CZ pistols.

the Beretta pistols. several different ones to choose from. my favorite was the model 96. loved that one.

Old 09-26-2013, 04:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
I vote M&P...obviously. :-)

Expand your collection.
The poll is now up- go ahead and log your vote.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 09-26-2013, 04:27 AM   #5

I did fondle a Ruger LC40C today. I do like the Rugers. I have a .380 Beretta and a couple of .25 Berettas, a buddy of mine has a 92F, but I have not fired any of them in .40 cal. I don't really care for the Berettas I have fired.

Quote:

Old 09-26-2013, 04:27 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1380 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 474

What do you plan to do with the gun?

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 09-26-2013, 04:28 AM   #7

I really don't like the 4013 S&W and apparently nobody else did either because they have been discontinued. Really an awful gun IMO.

Quote:

Old 09-26-2013, 04:28 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I have been very happy with my Springfield XD and my cz. Time to find a range that rents.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 09-26-2013, 04:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I have been very happy with my Springfield XD and my cz. Time to find a range that rents.
Once I get it narrowed down to three or four I will arrange to shoot those choices (rental or borrow from friends).

Quote:

Old 09-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3721 Times on 2281 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Well I'm basically a S&W man through and through.

I own two 9mm M&Ps, one a compact and one a full size.

Absolutely love shooting them. They are hands down my favorite semi-autos I have ever fired (which includes: Glocks, Rugers, Taurus, Bersa, Berettas... could be more that I'm forgetting right now). They point naturally in my hand, have easily the best ergos, the trigger isn't terrible, especially in newer ones (my biggest problem with the trigger is the reset, but that gets less bad after 1k rounds or so). They are aesthetically much more appealing than a Block. They feel less bulky in my hands than a Ruger (SR series) or a Beretta 92 (even the Storm felt a little clunky).

S&W has a great warranty and they put out quality products to boot.

BUT. You can't really go wrong with any of the choices in your poll. Every single company listed produces quality firearms.

My only other recommendation is to make the most of the 10 round limit. For example, it might just upset you to get a full sized M&P and miss out on the possible five additional rounds, whereas the compact size has exactly 10 round capacity. So you wouldn't be missing anything by being in Kalifornia, in that regard.

Always have clean socks.

People Like This