Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Chimps

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Chimps

Did anyone see the documentory "CHIMPS:Next of Kin"??
One of the best I've seen.. Just to make it clear, my parents are both human and if you are reading this, your parents are also human.. Just an interesting documentory..

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-14-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I am not related to anything other than a human. Humans were created, they did not evolve from another species.

If I find it on TV one night I'll watch it.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 01-14-2011, 08:43 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I am not related to anything other than a human. Humans were created, they did not evolve from another species.

Good For You,
I hear it take All kinds ta make a village

Old 01-14-2011, 11:31 PM   #4
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 432 Times on 232 Posts

Now, I have to worry not only about the Bestiality, but Incest as well.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post

If I find it on TV one night I'll watch it.
I am with you on that one but if it comes on TV I will not watch that sorry I do not think I came from anything other than HUMAN!! Now Shihan on the other hand I am not sure!!!!

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger
ain't skeered

Old 01-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 560 Times on 351 Posts
Likes Given: 1514

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugerShootinGal View Post
I am with you on that one but if it comes on TV I will not watch that sorry I do not think I came from anything other than HUMAN!! Now Shihan on the other hand I am not sure!!!!
I'll have to look for that documentary. Fact is humans share 98% of our DNA with chimps and Bonobos (sub-species of chimps, and closest genetically and behaviorally to humans). They have sex for pleasure, not just for procreation - heck, they will even hold orgies, they go to war with other bands, they have a violent streak, will kill and eat other animals, yet will show obvious affection to others in their own family group, etc. We didn't just pop into existence out of a vacuum. The fossil record shows a clear progression from more ape-like to more human-like to modern human. The reason there are gaps in the fossil record is that very few individuals of any species die under the ideal conditions for fossilization to occur, the Earth is a big, big place, and most fossils are uncovered by accident anyway.

I mean no disparagement to those of Faith, but my mind is geared to believe theories backed with empirical evidence over other theories.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:23 PM   #7

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugerShootinGal View Post
I am with you on that one but if it comes on TV I will not watch that sorry I do not think I came from anything other than HUMAN!!
You are correct indeed. You did come from a human, but your early, primitive ansesters (evolved) came from apes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckhuntr View Post
I'll have to look for that documentary. Fact is humans share 98% of our DNA with chimps and Bonobos (sub-species of chimps, and closest genetically and behaviorally to humans). They have sex for pleasure, not just for procreation - heck, they will even hold orgies, they go to war with other bands, they have a violent streak, will kill and eat other animals, yet will show obvious affection to others in their own family group, etc. We didn't just pop into existence out of a vacuum. The fossil record shows a clear progression from more ape-like to more human-like to modern human. The reason there are gaps in the fossil record is that very few individuals of any species die under the ideal conditions for fossilization to occur, the Earth is a big, big place, and most fossils are uncovered by accident anyway.

I mean no disparagement to those of Faith, but my mind is geared to believe theories backed with empirical evidence over other theories.
Indeed Buckhunter, nor do I, especially when we both are living in the Bible belt!

Fossilized evidence has been found and documented to date back to 8 million years ago showing our divergence of the human lineage from other great apes. Though the fossilized evidence exits, the evidence is not the place to start. It’s the assumptions people make to interpret the evidence according to their biases. Evolutionists interpret the evidence according to their millions of years and no God bias. Creationists interpret the the evidence according to their young earth and God exists bias. Both are a form of faith. It’s a question of which faith has more to offer?

I got a craving for a banana...anyone else?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 01-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 560 Times on 351 Posts
Likes Given: 1514

Quote:
I got a craving for a banana...anyone else?
Hey, my day isn't complete without a banana and an apple.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:47 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4469 Times on 2357 Posts
Likes Given: 255

we also share a large part of dna with every other animal on the planet.

my opinion neither creationism nor evolution is correct. evolutionism has n more hard proof that new species arise from randomness. humans been breeding dogs for thousands of years. put two dogs together you get a dog never a not-dog. same with plants.

there is something else at work. darwin himself at the end of his life said his origin of species was being mis-understood. his work described natural selection. evolutionists use the origin of species as a filler for the void no belief in creationism leaves.

no one knows or even has a clue how a new species comes about.

if evolution is correct and if humans evolved from monkies why are there still monkies?? the existence of monkies says that people are only superficially similar to monkies in appearence.

monkies are too damn cool to be related to humans.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #10
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 901 Times on 479 Posts
Likes Given: 687

Here's dear old Dad holding the door for me as I board the monkey bus.

"far right fanantic/troll" -- according to Shoobee