Chilly Chilli Pepper Plant - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Chilly Chilli Pepper Plant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2013, 09:42 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 309 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 138

In New Mexico, I believe they roast them first then they can peel the skin off. Even w dried peppers, they kinda dry roast them first.

Not sure what the best method of drying them is. I dry tomatoes low n slow in the oven. Never tried it w peppers.

If tomatoes get old, roast in oven w chili peppers onion and garlic until everything is blistered. Remove skins and I use immersion blender to make a sauce out of it - chefs trick.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:05 PM   #22
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22109 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
In New Mexico, I believe they roast them first then they can peel the skin off. Even w dried peppers, they kinda dry roast them first.

Not sure what the best method of drying them is. I dry tomatoes low n slow in the oven. Never tried it w peppers.

If tomatoes get old, roast in oven w chili peppers onion and garlic until everything is blistered. Remove skins and I use immersion blender to make a sauce out of it - chefs trick.
what's an immersion blender? just curious.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:37 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 309 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Emeril calls it the "boat motor" but it is really just a stick blender. It is a real time saver. You don't need to pour sauces, soups etc into,the blender anymore. Just plug it in and stick it right in the pot you are cooking in.

I use mine for smoothies. They make batter operated ones but I've never tried them.

Example: you can turn pinto beans you've just cooked into refried beans w the same pot. Just add cooking liquid until they reach the consistency you like. Also good use of chilis to spice up beans. Not as powerful as food porcessor or as fast as blender but much easier to clean.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:39 PM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22109 Times on 12429 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Emeril calls it the "boat motor" but it is really just a stick blender. It is a real time saver. You don't need to pour sauces, soups etc into,the blender anymore. Just plug it in and stick it right in the pot you are cooking in.

I use mine for smoothies. They make batter operated ones but I've never tried them.

Example: you can turn pinto beans you've just cooked into refried beans w the same pot. Just add cooking liquid until they reach the consistency you like. Also good use of chilis to spice up beans. Not as powerful as food porcessor or as fast as blender but much easier to clean.
okay. i know what you are talking about now. i just didn't know what they were called. thanks Gonzilla.