Chili recipe needed! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Chili recipe needed!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 12:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonyaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bandera,Texas
Posts: 10,381
Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I love beans too. Bowl of chili....beans on the side.

__________________
lonyaeger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:19 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonyaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bandera,Texas
Posts: 10,381
Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default My chili recipe

It's a pain in the a$$....but well worth it.

Step 1
2 lbs - beef chuck tender (or venison) cut into 3/8" cubes
1 tsp - cooking oil
1 tbsp - dark chili powder
2 tsp - granulated garlic

In a three quart heavy saucepan, add the above ingredients while browning the meat.

Step 2
1 - 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 - 14-1/2 oz can of beef broth
1 tsp - chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp - jalapeno powder
1 tbsp - onion powder
2 tsp - garlic powder
1/2 tsp - red pepper
1 tsp - white pepper
16 oz - spring water
1 tbsp - dark chili powder
2 - serrano peppers
1/2 tsp - salt

Combine seasonings and add to beef mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Float 2 serrano peppers.

Step 3
1 tbsp - paprika
1 pkg - Sazon seasoning (msg)
1 tsp - onion powder
1 tsp - garlic powder
1/2 tsp - white pepper
5 tbsp - medium and dark chili powders

Combine seasonings and add to beef mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. You may add water or beef broth for
consistency. Remove serrano peppers when they become soft.

Step 4
2 tsp - cumin
1/8 tsp - salt

Add above ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.

__________________
lonyaeger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
skullcrusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio,Ohio
Posts: 10,949
Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Default

I don't use any water, I use beer. Tequilla is good, too.

__________________

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!


Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!
skullcrusher is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
spittinfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maiden,NC
Posts: 9,663
Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
It's a pain in the a$$....but well worth it.

Step 1
2 lbs - beef chuck tender (or venison) cut into 3/8" cubes
1 tsp - cooking oil
1 tbsp - dark chili powder
2 tsp - granulated garlic

In a three quart heavy saucepan, add the above ingredients while browning the meat.

Step 2
1 - 8 oz can of tomato sauce
1 - 14-1/2 oz can of beef broth
1 tsp - chicken bouillon granules
1 tsp - jalapeno powder
1 tbsp - onion powder
2 tsp - garlic powder
1/2 tsp - red pepper
1 tsp - white pepper
16 oz - spring water
1 tbsp - dark chili powder
2 - serrano peppers
1/2 tsp - salt

Combine seasonings and add to beef mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Float 2 serrano peppers.

Step 3
1 tbsp - paprika
1 pkg - Sazon seasoning (msg)
1 tsp - onion powder
1 tsp - garlic powder
1/2 tsp - white pepper
5 tbsp - medium and dark chili powders

Combine seasonings and add to beef mixture. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. You may add water or beef broth for
consistency. Remove serrano peppers when they become soft.

Step 4
2 tsp - cumin
1/8 tsp - salt

Add above ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.
I may have to give this a go. The meat is ground, not cubed but it should work.
__________________

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

spittinfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:49 PM   #15
Is it Friday yet?
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Troy Michalik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bastrop,Texas
Posts: 2,475
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

My contribution. And not as much of a pain in the a$$ as lon's


7 Pounds of Meat, browned
1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
12 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
2 – 15 oz Cans Tomato Sauce
4 Cans Beef Broth
4 Cans Chicken Broth
4 Jalapeno Peppers
3 Serrano Peppers

Brown the meat in stew pot. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, tomato sauce, and beef & chicken broth to browned meat. Poke holes in jalapeno and Serrano peppers and add to pot. Cover pot & slow cook for 1 hour. Remove peppers and squeeze peppers juice into pot. Discard peppers.

Add below ingredients and cook for another hour.

1 Cup Chili Powder
4 Tablespoons Paprika
5 Tablespoons Cumin
4 Teaspoons Garlic powder
8 Teaspoons beef bouillon
4 Teaspoons chicken bouillon
2 Teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
2 Teaspoons White Pepper
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper

Salt to taste

__________________
- Make everything count -


Troy Michalik is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:51 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
spittinfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maiden,NC
Posts: 9,663
Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

7 lbs troy??!?! How much does this make?

__________________

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

spittinfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonyaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bandera,Texas
Posts: 10,381
Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Ground deer will work in mine just fine. Gotta warn you....it's hot! But the flavor goes deep and just goes on and on.

__________________
lonyaeger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lonyaeger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bandera,Texas
Posts: 10,381
Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Michalik View Post
My contribution. And not as much of a pain in the a$$ as lon's


7 Pounds of Meat, browned
1 Medium Onion, finely chopped
12 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
3 Tablespoons Chili Powder
2 – 15 oz Cans Tomato Sauce
4 Cans Beef Broth
4 Cans Chicken Broth
4 Jalapeno Peppers
3 Serrano Peppers

Brown the meat in stew pot. Add onion, garlic, chili powder, tomato sauce, and beef & chicken broth to browned meat. Poke holes in jalapeno and Serrano peppers and add to pot. Cover pot & slow cook for 1 hour. Remove peppers and squeeze peppers juice into pot. Discard peppers.

Add below ingredients and cook for another hour.

1 Cup Chili Powder
4 Tablespoons Paprika
5 Tablespoons Cumin
4 Teaspoons Garlic powder
8 Teaspoons beef bouillon
4 Teaspoons chicken bouillon
2 Teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
2 Teaspoons White Pepper
1 Teaspoon Black Pepper

Salt to taste
People in Paige, TX don't know chili like us in Fort Worth. Make mine, Spitty.
__________________
lonyaeger is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:05 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
spittinfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maiden,NC
Posts: 9,663
Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
People in Paige, TX don't know chili like us in Fort Worth. Make mine, Spitty.
Am I going to want to wipe my a$$ with a snow cone?
__________________

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

spittinfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:15 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
spittinfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Maiden,NC
Posts: 9,663
Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Oh yeah, and why the msg?

__________________

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

spittinfire is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Gun Needed to Fit This... Righteous Other Weapons 8 08-28-2012 09:49 PM
Joke: clean to a point. How to judge Texas Chili cpttango30 The Club House 1 02-07-2009 01:19 PM
Cucumber margarita Recipe Chester The Club House 11 01-20-2009 08:59 PM
Not what we needed.... supergus Politics, Religion and Controversy 7 08-17-2008 11:44 PM