Child Sex Offender

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Child Sex Offender

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2008, 01:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Child Sex Offender

had one of them low lifes move in behind us in house. I was notified by the sheriffs department by email today and have been on the run since.
First thing I did was make up flyers with all his information and I went door to door, we live on a street that runs beside the main road which is about mile long, I went from one end to the other talking to people and if they wernt home I left it so they can see when they come home....hell...I even left one in HIS mail box so he would know we know who HE is and will be watched. I trimmed all my trees and bushes where i can see behind them and over them and my spot lights on my deck will light it up more. Just dont know what else to do......told my kids about him and showed them his picture as well as the neighbors down the street so the other kids will know. I want so bad to just catch him in the yard and blow his dam brains out and say whooops .........dammit he will not get a moments rest till he leaves this neighborhood.......i promise ya that !!!!

Last edited by Righteous; 04-30-2008 at 01:48 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-30-2008, 03:26 AM   #2

You did the right thing by teaching your children and spreading the word to the neighborhood.

These people are dangerous. While it's true that many want to do better, many also don't even see the problem in what they did and will do it again given the chance. You are helping your children, your neighbors, and even this person by your education.

My state has a website that shows pictures and gives addresses and information on registered sex and violent offenders. I looked through it just today again to check for updates near and around me.

Not sure if AL or other states do anything like this, but it's a good idea.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:26 PM   #3

I don't know how it works in Alabama, but here in Florida there's a huge difference between sexual offender and sexual predator. Sexual offenders could just be a guy who's 18 that had relations with his 16 year old girlfriend. The Predators are the real scary ones. Don't get me wrong, I have a 6 year old in the house and would be plenty worried if either moved into the neighborhood, but just remember, they put all types under the umbrella of sexual offender.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:49 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2769 Times on 1447 Posts
Likes Given: 242

Texas puts some details about the offense on the state web site. Yes, there is a defference between a sex offender and a sexual predator. Sexual predators start of as sex offenders. Not all sex offenders become sexual predators. In Texas you can see the age and gender of the victim on the we site. If your state does not post that info, contact the LE agency to get more info.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:15 PM   #5

Default offenders

Michigan has a web site. You can search by county, zip code or full name.
I know a couple of them either through Church or way's. One just got out and got into weed so he went back. I realize they have to live somewhere but not in my back yard.

Old 04-30-2008, 03:37 PM   #6

Kalifornia has a site, it was made under Megans Law, all sex offenders are registered on the site. You search by name, address, city, nearby school, or nearby park. it tells you if they are violating a law by living too close to a school/park, and what crime they committed.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:20 PM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

he is a rapist, was a 7 yr old girl , I have yet to plot his path yet

Old 04-30-2008, 11:50 PM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righteous View Post
he is a rapist, was a 7 yr old girl , I have yet to plot his path yet
I applaud what you have done in notifying your neighbors. Did the Sheriff also notify them? Hopefully he won't try to sue you for harassment, or slander.

I specialized in child abuse and sex crimes for about 5 years before retirement. These guys do not like being watched and hopefully for you, he will move away. Sooner or later, he WILL re-offend. I know the social workers like to tell us about rehabilitation and crap like that, but these sick puppys are sexually attracted to children. They can not change what turns them on. Some can control it better than others, but the attraction never goes away.

Keep your children close.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 05-01-2008, 02:29 AM   #9

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneer461 View Post
Hopefully he won't try to sue you for harassment, or slander.

I don't think he can. As long as no info on the flyer was streched or fabriated, there is no slander.

As far as the harrasment, 1 flyer in his mailbox is probably fine. Like was said, just letting him know that they know.

Also, all the sex offender info is public record. Our friend has just made sure it was more...public..in his neighborhood.

Well Done!

Old 05-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

yea everything on flyer was public record, only thing I did not print was his picture but will get new ink in the printer and then put out more flyers with his picture and a link to the sheriffs department web site for more information.
This will be ummmmmmmmmm well....... my second warning to him