Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Child abuse... (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/child-abuse-65329/)

anthonymartinez138 05-28-2012 10:09 PM

Child abuse...

Ur thoughts on it. Do you think people should still be punished even after the child has grown up?

Sonic82 05-28-2012 10:53 PM

huh?...hell yeah! If your talking about physical violations....not sure why that was asked without more explanation.

anthonymartinez138 05-28-2012 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic82
huh?...hell yeah! If your talking about physical violations....not sure why that was asked without more explanation.

Just tryin to get everyone input on it. it's the reason why I decided to go into law enforcement seeing as how no one was there to help me so I wanna help those kids who can't defend themselves

hiwall 05-28-2012 11:13 PM

Anyone who hurts kids or women should be punished. Seldom do people change for the better.

mountainman13 05-28-2012 11:18 PM

There are many kinds of abuse. Child abusers should be punished harshly. Rapists should be killed. No if's and's or but's. Physical abusers should be locked up. Psychological abusers should be hospitalized. I am also a firm believer that every once in a while some kids need an a$$ whooping and the way things are set up they aren't getting them and that's a big problem with our up and coming generations.

MrWray 05-28-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonymartinez138

Just tryin to get everyone input on it. it's the reason why I decided to go into law enforcement seeing as how no one was there to help me so I wanna help those kids who can't defend themselves

I was a LEO for 10 years, unfortunately its not up to you. As a LEO you can only protect them temperarely, the states DHS is responsible for the rest. The bad thing is that ive seen kids be taken from their unsafe/unclean environments and then they go right back after a couple of days. I have also personally reported several households to DHS about unacceptable and filthy environments, and nothing was investigated. The most you can do as a LEO is too write the case, get the proper arrest warrants, and take the parents off of the streets for a while. After that its the states responsibility to do the right thing.

texaswoodworker 05-28-2012 11:22 PM

If they're actually beating the child, then yes. If it was just an ass woopin, then no.

anthonymartinez138 05-28-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texaswoodworker
If they're actually beating the child, then yes. If it was just an ass woopin, then no.

I'm talking about putting their hands under hot water, strangling them and mentally abusing them

anthonymartinez138 05-28-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrWray

I was a LEO for 10 years, unfortunately its not up to you. As a LEO you can only protect them temperarely, the states DHS is responsible for the rest. The bad thing is that ive seen kids be taken from their unsafe/unclean environments and then they go right back after a couple of days. I have also personally reported several households to DHS about unacceptable and filthy environments, and nothing was investigated. The most you can do as a LEO is too write the case, get the proper arrest warrants, and take the parents off of the streets for a while. After that its the states responsibility to do the right thing.

I just hope I can help one kid :/ if I can then everything I've done and worked hard for was worth it

texaswoodworker 05-29-2012 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anthonymartinez138 (Post 817212)
I'm talking about putting their hands under hot water, strangling them and mentally abusing them

In that case, put them in jail. If possible, make sure their cell mate is the biggest, meanest guy in the prison. ;)