Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Check This S*** Out....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 04:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Maybe I'm just ignorant on this.

An herbal product may or may not cure cancer.

Chemo may or may not cure cancer.

The forum has been religion heavy lately, and I don't want to stir doodoo, but could the fact that this company is also a ministry have something to do with it? Their letter ran 4 pages, and I'm sure they feel like they're being persecuted, but the stance of the FTC seems very Big Brother, and a little over the top.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:13 PM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Chemo is the devil!!!

Old 06-16-2010, 12:13 AM   #13
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 432 Times on 232 Posts

They have sued other Companies for the same thing in the past.(Rice Crispies, Kevin Trudeau, Dr. Clark Association, and Lane Labs-USA just to name a few.)
I think that they are using their Ministry, saying they are attacking them because of it. In my opinion has nothing to do with it.
Products, that were sued over in the past, are still available but the wording and the Claims as to what they can do are now different.

I did find this Odd, it comes from there website.
Name:  bioshark.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  27.0 KB
Name:  7herb.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  37.3 KB

You don't buy the product, you get it for a donation.

Last edited by Shihan; 06-16-2010 at 12:18 AM.

Old 06-16-2010, 01:03 AM   #14

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Default I almost feel like I should sit this one out....

Big Pharma may be throwing money and influence at this, but it is a legitimate complaint. Supplement and Homeopoathic companies have used the "these statements not evaluated by the FDA", and "not intended to treat or diagnose any illness" disclaimers for ages. It basically amounts to claiming that your product produces a result, and then in fine print saying that your claim is unsubstantiated.
These supplements are not disqualified from trial and FDA approval, they simply don't pursue it. They don't pursue it because their products don't produce scientifically verifiable results in legitimate studies, and they know it.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields

Old 06-16-2010, 02:50 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

IMO, this is all crap, just watch some of the commercials for the latest-greatest drugs, the side effects are worse than the symptoms/disease! I also think(still just my opinion), that FDA aprooval means absolutely squat! The SUPER BIG money that the Pharms are throwing as lobbying,is immense. The price of drugs is rediculous, look around your Dr.'s office next time your in there, EVERYTHING in there is from the Pharmaceutical companies,pens,pads,posters,the plastic eyeball on the table, all that crap!
No wonder the big companies don't want competition! God forbid something comes on the market that actually works!(I am not saying this product does)
OOPS, sorry I'm ranting again, I'll stop now. Wow, that was kinda dis-jointed too...

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-16-2010, 01:26 PM   #16
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5635 Times on 3313 Posts
Likes Given: 4726

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
You don't buy the product, you get it for a donation.
Call me a suspicious former tax auditor, but that bit makes me leary of them. There was some weird "preacher" here in MS who ran a "church" that was basically an organization of people he could convince to make and peddle some peanut brittle for "donations" for the good of his "church". This went on for YEARS before somebody tipped the tax commission that the "preacher" was more of a candy seller & the "church" was simply a candy making company taking advantage of tax laws designed for charities (sales tax & income tax).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 06-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #17
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 687 Times on 384 Posts
Likes Given: 729

THis is product of harmful diet medications flying nuder the radar as herbal supplements, while seriously injuring the users. The government decided the only way to keep stupid, and ill informed people from hurting themselves, was to regulate the herbal and homeopathic (dangerous and psychotic), to protect those that could not protect themselves. I fall under the personal right decision. People should have the right to consume what ever they would like if it doesn't harm me. Common sense legislation takes them from big brother to Mommy in no time flat.

Also the owner of Enzyte is going to jail for sometime.

Enzyte - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:09 PM   #18

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaggle View Post
Big Pharma may be throwing money and influence at this, but it is a legitimate complaint. Supplement and Homeopoathic companies have used the "these statements not evaluated by the FDA", and "not intended to treat or diagnose any illness" disclaimers for ages. It basically amounts to claiming that your product produces a result, and then in fine print saying that your claim is unsubstantiated.
These supplements are not disqualified from trial and FDA approval, they simply don't pursue it. They don't pursue it because their products don't produce scientifically verifiable results in legitimate studies, and they know it.
According to the owners, and this is their take, it would cost them millions to pursue FDA testing.

Bear in mind, the FDA has approved drugs that were found a few years later to cause massive problems.

These products have worked out for people I've talked to. All I want is a choice.

Old 06-16-2010, 04:21 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post

Bear in mind, the FDA has approved drugs that were found a few years later to cause massive problems.
This is the stuf I was talking about, the drugs are often worse than the disease. I think the FDA aprooval/testing is a half-assed thing at best.

I personaly don't like to take perscription drugs as the side effects of some of these are horrible. I also don't really have any faith in the herbal type products. Luckily I haven't had the need for any thing other than anti-biotics.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-16-2010, 04:24 PM   #20

Liked 39 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
According to the owners, and this is their take, it would cost them millions to pursue FDA testing.

These products have worked out for people I've talked to. All I want is a choice.
There may be truth to that, but the supplements industry was worth more than $25 billion in 2007, and has been growing steadily for years. It's not as if supplement companies are run by starving do-gooders, they're almost as rich and influencial as pharmaceutical companies.
Think like a supplement executive. You can invest a couple million in clinical trials, then your product will be approved by the FDA, you give it to doctors and employ all the same money making tactics that the pharma companies are villified for and make billions and billions more than you would otherwise. Would you do it? Of course. Clinical trials are an investment, supplement and homeopathy companies don't make the investment because their products don't produce results better than those of sugar pill.
People say they got results from supplements. This is true. And up to one third of clinical test subjects given capsules of sugar or chalk will get results, too.
Without a thoroughly vetted double-blind study behind a product, it's essentially useless. I agree that we should have a choice, but the supplement companies (which are also huge corporations, mind you), are not always as upfront and honest as they should be.
Yes, some medications have been found to have serious side effects that weren't apparent in clinical trials. The same happens with supplements. The same happens with foods we've eaten for millennia. How many times has the medical establishment changed it's mind about eggs?
I'm just saying we should subject the supplement industry to the same scrutiny and critical assessment as everyone else. They need to have standards too.

"Always carry a small flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite. Furthermore, always carry a small snake." W.C. Fields