Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Check out this glock video.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 01:58 AM   #11
MGH
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I had a question and it is not a slam to any other guns out there:

Are Glock owners the only ones that believe their guns can take this abuse?

I only see Glocks in these "tests" and I'm not saying they're practical but I've never seen an XD or 1911 test.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:02 AM   #12
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 461 Times on 253 Posts

Here you go.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:03 AM   #13

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Yeah MGH, I keep hearing that. I have it on my list of things to do, buy an entry level 1911 and put it through some real world tests.

The problem is, in my case, there is no way in hell I would subject my beautiful 1911's to running 1,000 rounds through it in under 20 minutes just to say I did.

With a Glock, its a cheap pistol, so if you destroy one, you aren't out a grand, or more.

As for the XD, I don't know. I never looked to see if anyone did a torture test on one.

I just think that by the time you reach a point in life where you get a 1911, you have lost all interest in trying to "prove" to a bunch of fools you don't know how great it is.

Those that know, know they love it - and in that, we believers are fine without throwing them out of airplanes and running 1000 rounds through them.

JD

Old 05-04-2010, 02:51 AM   #14

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I just thought everyone would like to see it. Then know for a fact that glocks are the best evea. I am going to trade my Kimber for 2 of them now.

I have seen the light and I will never go back to the old crusty out dated 1911. We should put it in the grave and let it die a peaceful death.

To admit it I didn't watch the entire movies. I had to ff to the end of each one....

Old 05-04-2010, 07:05 AM   #15

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
I just thought everyone would like to see it. Then know for a fact that glocks are the best evea. I am going to trade my Kimber for 2 of them now.

I have seen the light and I will never go back to the old crusty out dated 1911. We should put it in the grave and let it die a peaceful death.

To admit it I didn't watch the entire movies. I had to ff to the end of each one....
AMEN!! I hear ya tango! Finally I have seen the light. The all powerful handgun is the Gluck!! I mean the Glock!! I'm going to trade my cz,kimber,ruger,and browning for pennies on the dollar and see how many pos gl*cks I can get so I can melt the guide rods acting like a *** **** with alot of ammo!!

Old 05-04-2010, 04:22 PM   #16
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1683 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 3446

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGH View Post
I had a question and it is not a slam to any other guns out there:

Are Glock owners the only ones that believe their guns can take this abuse?

I only see Glocks in these "tests" and I'm not saying they're practical but I've never seen an XD or 1911 test.
I have others and will not subject them to test like that. Abuse wise, all guns can take some abuse and neglect - would I subject mine to that - NO! The only neglect, is not getting to the range - that is neglect!

Old 05-04-2010, 04:26 PM   #17
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1683 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 3446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
The problem is, in my case, there is no way in hell I would subject my beautiful 1911's to running 1,000 rounds through it in under 20 minutes just to say I did.

With a Glock, its a cheap pistol, so if you destroy one, you aren't out a grand, or more.

JD
I agree -I would not subject any weapon - to that stress test, nor on my finger(s).

Now, Glock is not cheap for a 9mm $595.00; however, since purchasing my first Glock 9mm in 1994 for almost the same amount of money. Thge shocker overtime, price usually rises with the Glock 19 they have not; but, it depends on the stores sellng them too. I have seen locally Glock 9mm with no mods, selling from 650 to 1000 dollars and that was used!

Last edited by Bigcountry02; 05-04-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:30 PM   #18

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcountry02 View Post
I agree -I would not subject any weapon, period to that stress test, nor my finger(s).

Now, Glock is not cheap for a 9mm $595.00 is money; however, since purchasing my first Glock 9mm in 1994 for almost the same amount of money. The price has not changed, which is a little shocker!
I think with the Military or LEO discount, new Glocks can be had in the $300 range. For a shooting site that does training, that is a drop in the bucket for them to spend and hock to their "students".

Even so, there are hundreds of thousands of LEO trade in Glocks out there, heavily used, but still very much capable for cheaper than $500.

I was just merely stating that in comparison, buying and torturing a Glock is a price that can be swallowed by someone willing to burn through 1000 rounds in 20 minutes.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:37 PM   #19

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Up until recently, the LE (or military price) for a standard Glock was $398.20 + tax. It recently went up to about $425 I think. Yes, as retired military I can get a Glock this cheap - but my question has always been why?

Old 05-04-2010, 05:09 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 59

This is why I sold my Glock and purchased a Ruger....what a waste of perfectly good zombie ammo...