Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   The Club House (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/)
-   -   Check out this glock video. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/check-out-glock-video-26756/)

cpttango30 05-03-2010 07:17 PM

Check out this glock video.

canebrake 05-03-2010 10:03 PM

They were celebrating even with FTEs and a melted guide rod!

I guess they could pour the kool aid on the hot slide and barrel.

What a waste of 1K rounds and 17 mins of my life!

Uchahi 05-03-2010 11:44 PM

I have a problem with these torture test. They do nothing. Wow a gun can shoot 500 rounds.....yea...cool. (no flame intended)

Mr. Bluesky 05-03-2010 11:52 PM

I counted 5 jams before I decided not to spend another 13 minutes of my life watching the video.

DrumJunkie 05-04-2010 12:04 AM

Well..I have actually been wanting to see one of those since I seen the one with the Para Ord. And the unedited vid shows the Glock having a few hiccups. And that lower bore axis I often hear is so much easier on the shooter that the 9mm needed more than one guy to sling the lead.

No, I really don't see the need for these tests but they are kind of fun to watch. No one is going to ever be in a situation where you are going to have to do something like that. Anmd if you are. You have brought a knife to a gun fight. Cause someone is shooting at you with a bunch of rifles it would seem.:D

This test really proves nothing. Other than if you plan on needing to shoot 1K rounds you best have another weapon. One made to sling 1K rounds...Like a machine gun!

Hot Sauce NARC 05-04-2010 12:10 AM

basically all that video did was prove that a glock 19 can catastrophically fail after 1000 rounds. and did anyone else catch that the one big guy couldn't get the mags to drop free about half the time. I would consider this somewhat of a problem.

Deadman1 05-04-2010 12:10 AM

Yeah, looks like it does what it's supposed to... sort of. :o
I would have rather seen it done with a G20 of even a G21. 9mm is they lightest round the could have picked. :rolleyes:

Dillinger 05-04-2010 12:20 AM

I was wondering why Tango, of all people, posted this. So. I honestly tried to watch the whole thing. I could NOT make it through the whole thing. I watched about 5 minutes of the first video and the last 6 to 8 minutes of the second one.

I will say that the weapon was doing everything the Glock guys say it will do. *shrug*

I don't know of one single situation when one would need to put 68 loaded magazines through a weapon - but I guess you can take solace in the fact knowing that your Glock 19 will be about 98% reliable if you ever have to do so.

Now, a melted guide rod is kind of an issue for me, personally. If it's not needed, why is it there? But, in Gock's favor, they proved that the weapon will still shoot, pretty reliably, without a guide rod in it.

Now, will the weapon shoot accurately with a melted guide rod and something "rattling around inside"?? Well, that is for you, dear reader, to decide for yourself. :cool:

Personally I have pretty much always said the damn thing will shoot no matter what abuse the moron behind the trigger has done to it. Now, will it shoot accurately and will it do what you need it to do, when you need it to?

I don't know. But I stand by the assessment that the weapon is not for me personally.

JD

Bigcountry02 05-04-2010 01:08 AM

Would I subject my Glock 19 to a torture test - NO!

What a waste of Ammo!

Shihan 05-04-2010 01:30 AM

Anyone want to donate 1000 rounds, I have a Sigma I would like to torture test.:D