Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Check this out!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 02:40 AM   #1
Kostriker
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1411 Times on 810 Posts
Likes Given: 2882

Default Check this out!

Astonishing twisters captured by storm-chasing photographer Jim Reed | Mail Online

Running towards a raging twister might seem insane to most people but for one artist, such perils are all in a day's work.

Storm chaser Jim Reed has narrowly escaped death twice in his pursuit of the perfect stormy shot.

Up close: A tornado with large Liberty Bell shaped debris cloud swirls across a dirt road less than 500 feet in front of an unmarked Kansas State Trooper patrol car

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/09/14/article-1213339-066C88F2000005DC-650_634x454.jpg
Dark skies: A super storm in Kansas. Extreme weather photographer Jim Reed has spent the last 20 years being as close as possible to tornados

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

WOW! I saw a tornado once, I'd rather not see another one.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 09-15-2009, 12:17 PM   #3

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

See them Tornado's every year, here in Oklahoma. They do their share of damage around here. Have managed to stay out of there paths so far, except for some downed trees a couple years back. I wish to keep on the down low of them in the future. It's Russian Roulette though.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 09-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #4

Never actually seen a tornado. Don't think I want to, but then my morbid curiosity kicks in. Kind of like sitting outside with a camera trying to get a snap of a lightning strike. Coming from Sweden most of these weather phenomena are things I've only ever seen on TV.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #5

I've seen Mutltiple funnel clouds but they never touchdown. I lived in Georgetown Texas a long time and when weather got bad the Tornado Sirens could be heard all over town. It's bad.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:52 PM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbjers View Post
Never actually seen a tornado. Don't think I want to, but then my morbid curiosity kicks in. Kind of like sitting outside with a camera trying to get a snap of a lightning strike. Coming from Sweden most of these weather phenomena are things I've only ever seen on TV.
To capture lighting you need a camera where you can hold the shutter open manually. Once the lighting flashes you close the shutter. The lighting is what really exposes the film or cmos sensor.

Lightning Photography pictures photographs weather picture photos photo tips photograph storms of lightning prints for sale lightning photo prices

Lighting is one of the reasons I am dying for a DSLR with all the bells and whistles.

Old 09-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
To capture lighting you need a camera where you can hold the shutter open manually. Once the lighting flashes you close the shutter. The lighting is what really exposes the film or cmos sensor.

Lightning Photography pictures photographs weather picture photos photo tips photograph storms of lightning prints for sale lightning photo prices

Lighting is one of the reasons I am dying for a DSLR with all the bells and whistles.
Yeah, I know, my dad used to take me out and we'd photograph lightning with his camera. His camera was probably worth more than his car.

Haven't really done any of that since he died.